TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UTEP Transfer

1. Default Re: UTEP Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    I saw where the RB from UTEP is transferring to us. He’s seeking an immediate transfer to be eligible to play in 2019. Only had 400+ yards and 2 TDS apparently in his 2 years. I’m sure another RB doesn’t hurt but what’s crazy is that JD King has to sit out..but we’ll see if this guy gets granted the waiver
    UTEP transfer 50 mile radius. JD King >100 mile radius. Sanity now!

Default Re: UTEP Transfer

He had a pretty good true freshman year for a guy playing on a winless team. I wonder if he had injury issues last season.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He had a pretty good true freshman year for a guy playing on a winless team. I wonder if he had injury issues last season.
    I dunno. It’s odd, considering the previous staff turned the job over to him with good success at the end of 2017 (see the UTEP film, in which he runs for well over 100 yards).

He looks good when he has a cut-back lane. He’s got very good feet and real toughness, both of which fit our style of play.

If he can add some GS strength, then he can be a player for us.

If he’s healthy and eligible in 2019 (assuming King’s not), he’ll get more than a few carries.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

RB Asa Martin, former Mr. Football Alabama, just reentered the transfer portal. Auburn mistakenly burned his redshirt in 2018 by putting him in for a fifth game as their game participation charts were not updated correctly. He transferred to Miami in December but is leaving. Was offered by Troy and USA.....and everyone else.

The Auburn early enrollee ran for 2,228 yards and 33 touchdowns on 198 carries this season as Austin went 12-1 and reached the Class 6A quarterfinals. Martin's gaudy stats came despite sharing carries with 1,400-yard rusher Antonio Robinson. Martin also caught 20 passes for 399 yards and two scores, threw two touchdown passes and played cornerback.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    RB Asa Martin, former Mr. Football Alabama, just reentered the transfer portal. Auburn mistakenly burned his redshirt in 2018 by putting him in for a fifth game as their game participation charts were not updated correctly. He transferred to Miami in December but is leaving. Was offered by Troy and USA.....and everyone else.

The Auburn early enrollee ran for 2,228 yards and 33 touchdowns on 198 carries this season as Austin went 12-1 and reached the Class 6A quarterfinals. Martin's gaudy stats came despite sharing carries with 1,400-yard rusher Antonio Robinson. Martin also caught 20 passes for 399 yards and two scores, threw two touchdown passes and played cornerback.
    I don't know the details obviously, but if he's wanting to transfer twice (in one offseason), what would make him not do it a third time if he doesn't get his way??? Sounds spoiled/entitled to me, but maybe that's just me.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I don't know the details obviously, but if he's wanting to transfer twice (in one offseason), what would make him not do it a third time if he doesn't get his way??? Sounds spoiled/entitled to me, but maybe that's just me.
    He made a bad move transferring to Miami for sure as they already deep at RB but did so eight days before Richt announced his retirement, and there is word that Diaz didn't think he'd be a good fit for the system he's going to run. Then he was injured this spring two practices in so missed a chance to show anything. The transfer from Auburn was frustration from them mishandling his redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    He made a bad move transferring to Miami for sure as they already deep at RB but did so eight days before Richt announced his retirement, and there is word that Diaz didn't think he'd be a good fit for the system he's going to run. Then he was injured this spring two practices in so missed a chance to show anything. The transfer from Auburn was frustration from them mishandling his redshirt.
    sounds better than expected, but...

BTW: he knew how many games he had played in before they put him in. Not ALL the blame is on Auburn.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

BTW: he knew how many games he had played in before they put him in. Not ALL the blame is on Auburn.
    About 99% of the blame is on Auburn.
    https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/20...-redshirt.html

Coach Lunsford goes up to a freshman and says go in the game. The kid says, NO. That will burn my redshirt. OK Coach...your turn. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Coach Lunsford goes up to a freshman and says go in the game. The kid says, NO. That will burn my redshirt. OK Coach...your turn. What do you do?
    If you have been told by the coaches the entire season that they intend to RS you, you have already played in 4 games, and they try to put you in on a meaningless KO return and you don't at least ask the question, then you have SOME part in it. I'm not blaming him. I'm simply saying he should have known and paid attention to it. I'm not saying tell the coach "F-off, I'm not going in". But you can say "you know that burns my RS, right? Are you sure?"