TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: New Traditions

Default Re: OT: New Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Students had no issues filling them in.
    That was never in question.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Disclaimer: I’m old

. . . but I can appreciate music of all types/eras to some degree. However, I don’t get this song at all. Take out the mumbled, obscene lyrics and it’s a basic repetitive electronic drum track. I mean there’s no music, no tune, it’s like somebody started making a song and quit after the first track. It sounds like one of the automatic backing effects on a child’s electronic keyboard. When I first heard people referring to it, I looked it up and all I could think was “That can’t be it”. I thought I’d found the wrong Mo Bamba song. I don’t get how this became a popular song, much less something that qualifies as a ‘hype’ song. At least a song like Old Town Road has a catchy hook, a novel fusion of styles, and a danceable beat- like it or hate it-that explains why it gets the masses wiggling and singing along.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

. . . but I can appreciate music of all types/eras to some degree. However, I don’t get this song at all. Take out the mumbled, obscene lyrics and it’s a basic repetitive electronic drum track. I mean there’s no music, no tune, it’s like somebody started making a song and quit after the first track. It sounds like one of the automatic backing effects on a child’s electronic keyboard. When I first heard people referring to it, I looked it up and all I could think was “That can’t be it”. I thought I’d found the wrong Mo Bamba song. I don’t get how this became a popular song, much less something that qualifies as a ‘hype’ song. At least a song like Old Town Road has a catchy hook, a novel fusion of styles, and a danceable beat- like it or hate it-that explains why it gets the masses wiggling and singing along.
    Simple, hard stuff is what makes club hits.

If you're looking at musicality and all that, you're gonna be in for a bad time.

4. Default Re: OT: New Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

It's a "banger". A song where lyrics don't really matter, it's more about the sound and beat, meant to just be fun. An example of a rock version, would be Kickstart My Heart. Read the lyrics to that song, they're absolutely awful. But that guitar riff and speed of the song gets anyone's adrenaline pumping.

EDIT: The only rapper I can think of that can make a banger while also putting lyrical genius into it is Kendrick Lamar. But my rap universe isn't very diverse so I'm sure there's others.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I feel that it may be time to retire "All I do is win" and "knuck if you buck"

Those songs were popular back when I was in high school/college which is too long ago.
    Lots of songs were popular before you or I were born but they still play them in stadiums around the world.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: OT: New Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I feel that it may be time to retire "All I do is win" and "knuck if you buck"

Those songs were popular back when I was in high school/college which is too long ago.
    Just play the video of Metallica playing Enter Sandman in Moscow on the video board, that'll get peoples adrenaline going.

So it's okay for this song and other hip hop songs, but Rock and Roll Part 2 is still banned? Asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Just play the video of Metallica playing Enter Sandman in Moscow on the video board, that'll get peoples adrenaline going.
    Good song but isn’t Enter Sandman kind of Virginia Tech’s thing?
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

Listen to “The Ringer” to get a view of current hip
    hop. Best diss track since “Ether”.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    So it's okay for this song and other hip hop songs, but Rock and Roll Part 2 is still banned? Asking for a friend.
    Read my first post in this thread: #BringBackDrWho