TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: New Traditions

Default Re: OT: New Traditions

Love the Shoot To Thrill team intro. I actually wish they would let it play longer. It's one of the few times I like piped in music during the game rather than the band playing.

2. Default Re: OT: New Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Coach Russell would always tell that he could not butt heads with players. Jean did not like it.
    He definitely did it.

Saw him do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    Jeez I haven't thought about Mo Bamba since football season ended and just reading those words made it immediately get stuck in my head dangit!
    Mo Bamba is the ultimate hype song. I hope I hear it again this season in the student section!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    He posted on his social media account buying folding chairs at Walmart recently. Lunsford also mentioned before that at the Atlanta caravan that he was going to do it again this season. Personally I think fake wrestling is dumb as a 45 year old man, but this move fires up the team/players. And that's what it's all about. Motivating the team.
    To each there own. A lot of traditions are “dumb”. Don’t blame being 45! Let’s call a spade a spade, you probably were not a fan of “fake” wrestling when you were 25 either. I love USC’s “2001 A Space Odessy” intro. It’s very much an tribute to Ric Flair, my favorite old school wrestler. If it were not so iconic in Columbia, then I’d want to steal it for us. If you never liked the genre then you probably won’t like any associated references. But local wrestling was HUGE in Georgia and the south through out the 70’s and 80’s, until the WWE destroyed it. I’m not a fan of pro wrestling any longer, and chair shots were my least favorite part, but I like the reference. Lunsford was an NWO wolf pack fan which was blazing, white-hot in the 90’s in popularity, therefore I appreciate the nostalgia.

5. Default Re: OT: New Traditions

I’m not a wrestling fan.

Never been into it.

But I Love the chair! It’s the perfect way to put an exclamation point on a win!

It’s pure genius! Something to give the players as a goal, great media exposure (it has already made national news,) and just a little humorous.

The chair exemplifies what I like most about CL. He is a gifted motivator. Who else would have come up with that? It’s awesome!

3rd down on defense home side yells GA visitors side yells TA back & forth GA TA
    Jim Eure
    GS 1974

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’m not a wrestling fan.

Never been into it.
    !
    We can no longer be friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Coach Russell would always tell that he could not butt heads with players. Jean did not like it.
    He also said that his wife told him that he was drinking too many beers. His solution was to buy bigger cans, and I witnessed him doing just that back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We can no longer be friends.
    You have friends?

Quote Originally Posted by northgaeagle View Post
    3rd down on defense home side yells GA visitors side yells TA back & forth GA TA
    First need to teach the pronunciation.