TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Banks had both arms around the ball.

The only way he was going to lose it was if they cut his arms off.

I still get chill bumps thinking about that play.

Might want to watch the replay again. Banks did not have both arms around the ball. It was in his right arm and once the DB knocked it loose he used both hands to recover. We were honestly very fortunate Banks didn’t fumble there. He did a great job of not letting the ball get to the ground but he’s also fortunate the ball came out I to his left arm and not straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Mr Banks epitomized everything good about GS, I was glad to get to know him, a few months after the UF game got a letter in the mail, in it a color photo of Banks UF run. It's proudly displayed in the man cave. I'll tell you another play that sent chills up my spine. Early in 1st quarter of William Mary playoff game(might have been our first possession), pitch to Brown, great flex blocking, #hegone! I sat there thinking, WE ARE BACK.

https://youtu.be/Tuim_sosDdI?t=7657

Here's the Banks run. Fox didn't return from the commercial break in time, but you can see where he gets caught.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    We lost the game but blocked an App State punt for a safety late in the 4th quarter in Boone. Would have won the game had the ball bounced in our favor.
    This brought to mind the blocked FG scoop and score Eligwe had against App at home. That was the loudest I recalled hearing Paulson Stadium in a long time. Unfortunately, we also lost that one.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    This brought to mind the blocked FG scoop and score Eligwe had against App at home. That was the loudest I recalled hearing Paulson Stadium in a long time. Unfortunately, we also lost that one.

I actually had that on my list and then took it off. Wasn’t even a block. That was then their holder wasn’t ready and the LS snapped it. Either way it resulted in a TD and a 10-0 lead and yes Paulson was rocking. Then of course we got dominated from that point on.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I actually had that on my list and then took it off. Wasn’t even a block. That was then their holder wasn’t ready and the LS snapped it. Either way it resulted in a TD and a 10-0 lead and yes Paulson was rocking. Then of course we got dominated from that point on.
    I think the crowd noise caused that. It seemed to throw their offense out of sync too at least early with penalties, but they seemed to adjust after a bit.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

7. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I think the crowd noise caused that. It seemed to throw their offense out of sync too at least early with penalties, but they seemed to adjust after a bit.
    Yeah, their sure were a lot of happy, big grinning fans smelling a victory in Paulson at that point in the game. On national TV too, right? Wow, did that end poorly.

Definitely not a top-twenty play, but J.J. Wilcox’s long chase and tackle of the Furman defender in 2010 (who was returning a fumble for what looked like an easy score) was a classic hustle play—a true blue Eagle special. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more effort with a less glamorous result—probably the greatest hustle body language of all time: head throwed back and digging hard for that last .00001% of speed.

Speaking of Furman, you could add at least one of the big hits—David Young, Carl Kearney—from the 2002 FU game.

You know, it might be possible to come up with a “top-ten plays” via consensus.
    Last edited by pete4256; 7th June 2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Definitely not a top-twenty play, but J.J. Wilcox’s long chase and tackle of the Furman defender in 2010 (who was returning a fumble for what looked like an easy score) was a classic hustle play—a true blue Eagle special. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more effort with a less glamorous result—probably the greatest hustle body language of all time: head throwed back and digging hard for that last .00001% of speed.

Speaking of Furman, you could add at least one of the big hits—David Young, Carl Kearney—from the 2002 FU game.

You know, it might be possible to come up with a “top-ten plays” via consensus.
    No one could ever accuse JJ of not giving everything he had.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Well our crowd was out of it after about 9081237465981723465 3 and outs in that game.

We had the FG early on a turnover deep in their territory and the run back on the FG play....after that we didn't get a first down until the 4th quarter seemed like. And that wasn't all because of how good App was....we were just terrible.