TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by cseagle View Post
    Anytime someone mentions a hit or the hit, I think of the most memorable play I've seen at Paulson. Rico Zachary hitting a Western Carolina wideout deep over the middle so hard I honestly thought that poor guy would never be right (his legs were twitching on the field). Wasn't a favorite (honestly scared the s**t out of me and most everyone in attendance), but I can't forget it.
    One of a few moments of eerie, near absolute silence at a game in Paulson. He knocked the crap out of Eddie Cohen. You could hear Eddie's mother screaming, which was disturbing as well.

The following year in Cullowhee, Eddie got knocked out of the game by another Eagle.
    Last edited by Eagle22; 11th June 2019 at 09:07 PM.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    One of a few moments of eerie, near absolute silence at a game in Paulson. He knocked the crap out of Eddie Cohen. You could hear Eddie's mother screaming, which was disturbing as well.

The following year in Cullowhee, Eddie got knocked out of the game by another Eagle.

Play happens at 1:52:00. He caught him from behind and right in the head. Worst part... game was well out of hand and this was 4th and 16 for WCU.
    Last edited by Pike51; 12th June 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post

Play happens at 1:52:00. He caught him from behind and right in the head. Worst part... game was well out of hand and this was 4th and 16 for WCU.
    I remember it happening, but I dont remember seeing him twitching on the ground like that. Pretty gruesome hit and aftermath.

In today's world Rico would be ejected and sitting out the next week too.

Furman game in Greenville 1998.

We fumbled the ball on the opening kick off but held the purps to a FG.

So on our first possession we were down 0-3. We run three plays and do NOT get a 1st down. I believe the ball was on the 26 and 4th and 4 (pretty sure that's right). Down by three facing a 4th and 4 and PJ goes for it with the ball deep in our territory. In the flex Greg Hill gives the ball to the B Back and he rumbles for 7 or 8 yards for a 1st down.

The B Back in question ended up breaking the NCAA Division I career rushing record (and still holds the record 18 years later).

The legendary ADRIAN PETERSON.

Bobby Johnson was the coach at Furman then and said on an interview after the game that his purps had played what would most likely be the 1998 1AA National Champion.
    Last edited by Bleu; 12th June 2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Make Georgia Southern Football Great Again!
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

5. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Not sure how to post a Twitter video but @TulaneVideo just posted some lost video of a some bar going crazy when Upshaw split the safeties at the GoDaddy Bowl. Its worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    Not sure how to post a Twitter video but @TulaneVideo just posted some lost video of a some bar going crazy when Upshaw split the safeties at the GoDaddy Bowl. Its worth the watch.
    Just found some lost footage of a bar watching @Coach_Upshaw's #WorldClassSpeed!!! pic.twitter.com/SpGaAwAnBK
    — Tulane Video (@TulaneVideo) June 11, 2019

7. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaEagle View Post
    Just found some lost footage of a bar watching @Coach_Upshaw's #WorldClassSpeed!!! pic.twitter.com/SpGaAwAnBK
    — Tulane Video (@TulaneVideo) June 11, 2019
    I love the video, but I don’t understand why Tulane posted it.

We won in spite of Fritz leaving us in a bad way. He had nothing to do with that game coming out our way.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

We won in spite of Fritz leaving us in a bad way. He had nothing to do with that game coming out our way.
    It was Upshaw....who is also on their staff.

They were having some fun with him.

Because Upshaw is now a grad assistant at Tulane?
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

10. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Upshaw is a grad assistant at Tulane