TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

That's just how video quality was back then before the HD craze.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

2. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Ive been blessed to have seen a lot of the plays being mentioned throughout this thread but mine will be different one for everyone. I may catch some grief for it but THE HIT by John Stevenson on Taylor Heinicke with about 5 minutes to go in 2012 playoff game is one of my all time favorites. We hadn't touched him much in either of the games vs ODU but when that hit happened it changed the game and him. That's what got us the rematch with NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Ive been blessed to have seen a lot of the plays being mentioned throughout this thread but mine will be different one for everyone. I may catch some grief for it but THE HIT by John Stevenson on Taylor Heinicke with about 5 minutes to go in 2012 playoff game is one of my all time favorites. We hadn't touched him much in either of the games vs ODU but when that hit happened it changed the game and him. That's what got us the rematch with NDSU

That was a huge play but not as big as the fumble caused on 3rd down when they were about to at worst kick a FG that probably would have put it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Anytime someone mentions a hit or the hit, I think of the most memorable play I've seen at Paulson. Rico Zachary hitting a Western Carolina wideout deep over the middle so hard I honestly thought that poor guy would never be right (his legs were twitching on the field). Wasn't a favorite (honestly scared the s**t out of me and most everyone in attendance), but I can't forget it.

I always like the one of Chris Covington slinging Armanti Edwards down back in the 2008 game. Used to be a gif of it around here somewhere.

6. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That was a huge play but not as big as the fumble caused on 3rd down when they were about to at worst kick a FG that probably would have put it away.
    I agree about that play however if that hit doesn't happen, I believe we lose that game. He had happy feet the rest of the game after the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What about Wilcox’s INT?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Izzy Youyoute's long run to set up the winning TD against ULM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    What about Wilcox’s INT?

I guess I’m putting the fumble as the bigger play because without that the other two probably don’t even happen. Even though I was misremembering the score when Dubose caused the fumble. I was thinking we were down 14 but it was only 7. But to me the fumble changed the entire game more than Stevenson’s hit did. We hadn’t been able to get the off the field all day and we finally did it. But yeah Wilcox’s pick to seal it was pretty awesome.

Honestly though the biggest play of that day was one I had completely forgot about. Tra Butler recovering the fumble in the end zone for a TD.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I agree about that play however if that hit doesn't happen, I believe we lose that game. He had happy feet the rest of the game after the hit.

That’s very possible, but if we don’t cause that fumble it’s a much greater chance we lose than if Stevenson doesn’t late hit Heineke. The fumble was a 10-14 point swing and resulted in a tie game.

I think there were multiple things that turned Heineke into a different QB late in the game. I think the fumble and the late hit made him uncomfortable physically and I think the scoreboard made him uncomfortable mentally. He was used to being on the field with a lead all day long and all of a sudden he’s out there in a tie game knowing if he doesn’t lead the offense to a TD they are probably going to lose. I mean everybody knew that including their coach which is why they went for it on 4th down.