TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    That was Vernon Hargreaves. I'm pretty sure he was a legit 4.4 guy and a first round draft pick.

Despite what some say about that year's UF team, their defense was loaded with talent and we ran all over those guys. What a great day that was.
    You can ask Klak, but I mentioned to him after UF got smoked in their bowl game against Lousiville the season before that they weren't disciplined enough to stop us. They got boatraced in that game, and honestly should have against us as well. We gave them a ton of gifts and managed to shoot ourselves in the foot several times.

That was a classic case of a team not preparing like they should. Their guys playing the perimeter were nowhere near as good as teams we've played since then. Also, some headscratcher defensive fronts by Muschamp.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Dante Fowler (#3 overall?) was really disruptive from DE until he got hobbled in the second half. He played a bit more tentatively after that, as I believe he was thinking more about his draft status than about winning the game.

If you are the #3 overall pick and people are diving at your knees of course you are going to be concerned because that’s how you tear an ACL.

(It’s a joke for those who get it)
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I loved that play. And I don’t just mean the result of that play but the play itself. We did some serious damage with that play in ‘14 and ‘15.
    I really wish we'd bring back some of those Power plays that we ran under Ruse.

I want us to run more single read stuff too and actually have Werts hold onto the ball.

I like what DeBesse is doing, no doubt, but I'd like mixing in some of the tweaks Ruse put in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    One of my favorite plays of his was his TD run vs NDSU in 2012. I think I remember hearing the rocket toss was supposed to come to his side but McKinnon audibled and Wilcox ran it in.
    JJ hadn't been on offense all year. He was out there to block....mainly because I think one of his favorite parts of playing football was blasting dudes.

McKinnon flipped the play at the line. Our rocket plays were pretty telegraphed most of the time so you could definitely see the difference in alignment when the switch was made. (also I know you're gonna get triggered about the possibilities when we lined up early enough to make adjustments haha)

https://youtu.be/6yN1L80yOAE?t=1088

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    JJ hadn't been on offense all year. He was out there to block....mainly because I think one of his favorite parts of playing football was blasting dudes.

McKinnon flipped the play at the line. Our rocket plays were pretty telegraphed most of the time so you could definitely see the difference in alignment when the switch was made. (also I know you're gonna get triggered about the possibilities when we lined up early enough to make adjustments haha)

https://youtu.be/6yN1L80yOAE?t=1088

Oh wow that’s blatantly obvious we audibled by what Robinson and Wilcox did. But yeah amazing what can happen when you get to the line in time to adjust.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

6. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Final play: 2010 - Georgia Southern 21 Appalachian State 14 (OT) - Number One Goes Down
    "App State went to Statesboro in 2010 with an undefeated record, a #1 FCS ranking and 26-straight SoCon wins going back to the 2007 rivalry game. New Eagle coach Jeff Monken had struggled to get the option re-adjusted and his team was sitting at 4-4. After going down 14-0 early, Georgia Southern grinded and got the game to overtime where the Eagles would capitalize."
    https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015...n-state-versus

I was there for many of the ones mentioned, but the thing I remember the most was the first Auburn game, Michael Berry sacking Stan White on the first play of the game by Auburn's offense and as he hit the QB 85,000 people making that "I just saw a car crash" noise. It was also really nice to hear the Auburn crowd boo their own team off the field at halftime.
    I also have to put in the run by Swope against Alabama. With all those first round NFL players Bama could not catch that big fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglereporter View Post
    I was there for many of the ones mentioned, but the thing I remember the most was the first Auburn game, Michael Berry sacking Stan White on the first play of the game by Auburn's offense and as he hit the QB 85,000 people making that "I just saw a car crash" noise. It was also really nice to hear the Auburn crowd boo their own team off the field at halftime.
    I also have to put in the run by Swope against Alabama. With all those first round NFL players Bama could not catch that big fullback.

Well hats off to what I have always thought was one of the most under used payers in our history Jonathan Bryant on that play. Without him Swope doesn’t “outrun” the Bama defense. They catch him.

Agreed, it was a great block.

My favorite was at App state in 2007 near the end of the fourth qtr. Jayson Foster looks at his wrist band app is keyed in on him and ball is hiked to another player to make the first down Brilliant! Eagles win 38-35 first time app had been beaten at home in 28 games. Eagles cracked the rock that day same year App beat Michigan.