TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You guys have already hit on a few of mine in the last play vs UF, App St fumble in OT. and the INT vs Furman. The last play vs ULM in 2014 is in there as well. Probably the reverse to beat Ark St last year would be in there too.

Honestly I will remember Banks run more than McKinnons in the UF game.

Im sure there are more. Those are just the ones on the top of my head.
    As someone who wasn't at the game I nearly had a heart attack when the video feed finally cut back in just in time to show little Banksy squirting through the LOS. I honestly thought the UF players in pursuit were going to kill him, they nearly stripped the ball loose.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

2. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

I should have made this thread Top 5 Plays!

Or top 20! We definitely have seen some magic along the way!

A lot of these are crucical plays in big wins, so let me put some less obvious ones out there:

We lost the game, but on that sweep to Jermaine Austin to take the lead against WKU the small crowd that was there went ape ****. That one was memorable.
    It was a win that wasn't very meaningful, but that field goal block against ULM in 2016 was the loudest I've ever heard Paulson Stadium.
    Pushing Armanti Edwards out of the back of the end zone for a safety in 2008 is up there as well.
    Another great one was either Josh Rowe or Darius Eubanks making that great play on UTC's two-point conversion that would've given us a loss in 2011.
    Dominique Swope's 82-yard TD run with Brett Moore bulldozing an Alabama safety.
    Breida changing directions to get a big gain and almost get the TD against UGA.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Lots of my favorites (whether seen in person or on TV) have already been mentioned. One that is missing is from the Go Daddy Bowl when Upshaw runs the QB draw. The way he split the safeties and then just flat outran everyone on the field (even those with the pursuit angle) was amazing. One of the best bursts of speed I have ever seen in a single play. I was there and that play inhale vigorouslyed any hope out of BG.

5. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

I’m a fan of KE4’s scrambling 31yd TD toss to Crockett in the 2Q of the GoDaddy Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Lots of my favorites (whether seen in person or on TV) have already been mentioned. One that is missing is from the Go Daddy Bowl when Upshaw runs the QB draw. The way he split the safeties and then just flat outran everyone on the field (even those with the pursuit angle) was amazing. One of the best bursts of speed I have ever seen in a single play. I was there and that play inhale vigorouslyed any hope out of BG.
    Plus one.

7. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

I think it’s either the Scoop n Score at UGA or that one drive down the field in the second half that put us over GT the first time we played them.

The Scoop n Score is a fond memory for me because I was sitting in the lower bowl with a bunch of UGA fans and when that happened, all the UGA fans went silent and our fans in the top deck roared and you realized just how many Southern fans were there. The UGA fans I was with were shocked that we brought so many people.

I just remember watching that drive all the way down the field at GT. Ellison, Brenda, and Ramsey were working like a well-oiled machine. I don’t think I’ve ever seen us run the option like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by cseagle View Post
    https://youtu.be/P8F-oa_2YS4?t=194

The third and 15 play in the 2005 Furman game was almost more memorable than the INT. I remember thinking the odds were pretty low backed up at midfield with no timeouts.
    That was probably one of the top 5 loudest moments in Paulson history. I was a recent graduate but was still sitting in the student section, and it was nuts.

I didnt see it in person, but I think another top one is Breida's first big TD run against NC State in 2014.

Going into that game, we had so many questions about our team. First year in FBS, new head coach, new RB corps, new offense. And then that play happened, and immediately I felt like we were going to be ok.

One of greatest personal effort plays I've seen was Matt Brieda's LONG touchdown run @ Idaho. He went for 60 or do yards, started right, went near the sideline, reversed field and scored near the opposite corner. Was amazing. (2015)