TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Top GS Football games of all time - Nominations

Default Re: Top GS Football games of all time - Nominations

I’ll need a little help with the details here, but I remember going to a great game at Elon right after they opened their stadium in 2001 or 2002? If I remember correctly we were fortunate to get a penalty in our favor that allowed us to come back and win. Does anyone remember the rest of the details? This one always stood out as a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    I’ll need a little help with the details here, but I remember going to a great game at Elon right after they opened their stadium in 2001 or 2002? If I remember correctly we were fortunate to get a penalty in our favor that allowed us to come back and win. Does anyone remember the rest of the details? This one always stood out as a great one.
    2001. Very fortunate to get the win. We had a fourth down pass fall incomplete with about a minute left that should've sealed the loss, but an Elon defender had a roughing the passer penalty on Revere that kept the drive alive. We scored a few plays later with a few seconds in the game. Offense was trash that day and we were outplayed and lucky to get out with the win.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I considered breaking the bracket into "regions", but couldnt decide on a good grouping that would seem fair to the individual games. For example, if you had regions based on decade, you could potentially have some great games from the 90's eliminate each other even though most people would rank them higher than games from other decades.

As this thread has shown, our short but storied history has produced a ton of memorable games. I don't know if a field of 64 would do it justice
    IMO, it should be broken down into eras (81-87, 88-92, 93-97, 98-2001,2002-2008,2009-2018) or at complete random. Breaking it down by eras the way I listed allows each pair of NC's to be in their own bracket.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The current Philly head coach was a starting QB and played in a regular season game in Paulson. Don't forget that Jim Harbaugh was a consultant or assistant on that WKU staff.
    Well Jack Harbaugh was coach for WKU in 2002. Willie Taggart was OC/QB coach on that team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Well Jack Harbaugh was coach for WKU in 2002. Willie Taggart was OC/QB coach on that team as well.
    That's just a crazy list. Just imagine if Muschamp and Kirby still were on Hatcher's staff when he was here.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    That's just a crazy list. Just imagine if Muschamp and Kirby still were on Hatcher's staff when he was here.
    Easy. We define wouldn’t have been a complete **** show on defense and might have won another national title.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Lol. A national title with Hatcher.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Lol. A national title with Hatcher.

Well it’s more realistic than Mohring tacking Edwards when he was still in HS.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Ok, just sorted through the thread and we have 84 games nominated right now. I will get with Klak and eliminate some of them to dwindle down to an appropriate number so we can begin the voting next week. Thanks for all the input guys!

He laughed at a National Title with Hatcher as if Hatcher hasn't actually won a national title.

Some of y'all are silly.