TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neutral Site Games

1. Default Neutral Site Games

This season ULL will host Miss State in the Superdome in New Orleans to kick off their season.

If Georgia Southern could swing a similar deal (an out of state P5 team in an in state venue), who and where would we host?

Default Re: Neutral Site Games

I would go for anything/anyone in the Benz just to PO the kittens
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Depending on who the opponent is, I would prefer a home game over a neutral site game. Also, I doubt they are getting paid by Miss St, so they are potentially also passing up payday game money ($1.5M or so) to play it somewhere else. Playing at the Benz would be fun, but to me it's more about financial details than the opponent.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

good point, I agree

When I answered, I was thinking IF WE WERE doing a neutral site then... where and who
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Depending on who the opponent is, I would prefer a home game over a neutral site game. Also, I doubt they are getting paid by Miss St, so they are potentially also passing up payday game money ($1.5M or so) to play it somewhere else. Playing at the Benz would be fun, but to me it's more about financial details than the opponent.
    I'm sure they are still making some money off the game through ticket sales, and maybe a percentage of concessions. A novelty game like that would probably draw a bigger crowd than usual resulting in more tickets sold I would imagine.

UCF or FSU in Jacksonville would get my vote. Easy trip for all involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    good point, I agree

When I answered, I was thinking IF WE WERE doing a neutral site then... where and who
    Someone better than MTSU in da doooooooome. All us Atlanta students were still home as it was during the quarter system yet the turnout was no better than a home game. It would have to be a real P5 and not a P5 in name only (so no Vandy, Kentucky, etc) in MBS. Alabama, Penn State, etc.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 5th June 2019 at 10:45 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I'm sure they are still making some money off the game through ticket sales, and maybe a percentage of concessions. A novelty game like that would probably draw a bigger crowd than usual resulting in more tickets sold I would imagine.
    In order for it to make sense (or cents..... ) it would need to be 1) a non-P5 so that we are not passing up a pay day, 2) a good enough deal that we netted more than we do for a home game, (remember that we heard that the Benz rent is about $600K, which is why the state HS games were moved), 3) we have to make sure it is a season that still has at least 5 games in the Boro so as not to piss off the locals, and 4) SHOULD be a home game year against Gag St so we don't have two ATL games one year, and no ATL games the next.

With me being a metro-ATL resident, I'd love an Eagle game at the Benz!!! But making financial sense means more to me than a fun game being closer to me.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    In order for it to make sense (or cents..... ) it would need to be 1) a non-P5 so that we are not passing up a pay day, 2) a good enough deal that we netted more than we do for a home game, (remember that we heard that the Benz rent is about $600K, which is why the state HS games were moved), 3) we have to make sure it is a season that still has at least 5 games in the Boro so as not to piss off the locals, and 4) SHOULD be a home game year against Gag St so we don't have two ATL games one year, and no ATL games the next.

With me being a metro-ATL resident, I'd love an Eagle game at the Benz!!! But making financial sense means more to me than a fun game being closer to me.
    I wonder if a P5 would go for deal where we pay all the rent but keep all of the ticket revenue. It could be worth it if we do that . Remember our stadium capacity puts a ceiling on how much we could make from hosting a P5.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

10. Default Re: Neutral Site Games

A Cajun fan said it’s a smart move for them because 50% of their alumni base is in New Orleans. I would guess Atlanta would be that for us, and that’s the only city in the state that would have the stadium size for us. If we were trying to cater to South Georgia fans, I guess Jacksonville would be a good way to do that.

The Benz is a very expensive venue to rent out. That’s the reason the GHSA championships are moving out. Zero chance that the inner city kitties let us use their stadium to host a P5. KSU had a game at Suntrust Park that was by all accounts a success but I’m not sure what P5 team would agree to play a G5 team on a baseball diamond.