TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Athlon All Sun Belt team(s)

Default Re: Athlon All Sun Belt team(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yep. LBs often make teams on the basis of stats, and I can’t predict who will rack up enough tackles and big plays for us.

That said, I think Bowdry and Byrd have the talent for honors. And we may have (or probably have) other LBs who could make it. It’s hard to overrate just how quickly Ellis moved up the depth chart vs experienced LBs.

IMO, Jakob Cooper can make a team if his transition to C goes at least as well as expected.

Our top RB will make a team.
    Watch the LB who came to us via Furman, this kid could be special.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Watch the LB who came to us via Furman, this kid could be special.
    I'd like to see what Bradley can do if he's healthy again. Our MLB depth last year was tested a good bit, especially with that rash of injuries we had at Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'd like to see what Bradley can do if he's healthy again. Our MLB depth last year was tested a good bit, especially with that rash of injuries we had at Clemson.

Speaking of Bradley and Harris both I was glad to see them down a little bit of weight. Thought they both looked too much like a Tyson Summers MLB.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Speaking of Bradley and Harris both I was glad to see them down a little bit of weight. Thought they both looked too much like a Tyson Summers MLB.
    His listed weight is down 5 pounds from what it was last season but I think he's shedded a lot more bad weight than that, unless for some reason the guy wearing the #11 defense jersey at practice wasn't him for some reason. The people that went to the spring game might've missed him since he didn't play.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

imo Bradley has a lot to prove but he does add depth to LB group.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    His listed weight is down 5 pounds from what it was last season but I think he's shedded a lot more bad weight than that, unless for some reason the guy wearing the #11 defense jersey at practice wasn't him for some reason. The people that went to the spring game might've missed him since he didn't play.

Yeah I’m assuming if he’s down 5 pounds it’s not just like me and you losing 5 pounds. He’s probably dropped a good bit of bad weight and replaced it with good weight and the net result is -5 pounds.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

imo Bradley has a lot to prove but he does add depth to LB group.

First off he has to prove he can stay healthy.

First off he has to prove he can stay healthy.
    yep and improve on his quickness and pass coverage. The kid from Furman has been impressive, motor never stops and great technique per my talk with CL.

yep and improve on his quickness and pass coverage. The kid from Furman has been impressive, motor never stops and great technique per my talk with CL.
    He's been a starting LB both in 2017 and 2018 before injuries both seasons. He may not be that quick but there's a probably a good reason he has won starting positions.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Bradley was still on crutches throughout the spring, wasn’t he? If so, he’s a long way from getting game-time reps.

If he gets healthy, I’d move him to TE.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops