TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

1. Default Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

Sat., Aug. 31:
    @LSU, 7:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

Sat., Sept. 7:
    Maine, 6 p.m. (ESPN+)

Sat., Sept. 14:
    @Minnesota, 3:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network)

Thurs., Oct. 3:
    @South Alabama, 7:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

Thurs., Oct. 31:
    @App State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)

Sat., Nov. 9:
    @Troy, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

Kickoff times and television plans for the remainder of Georgia Southern's 2019 schedule will be announced as the season progresses, up to 12 days before due to television contracts.

Very excited that the LSU game is an evening game because that would have been unbearably hot. Also glad to see it's on ESPNU. The last time we faced an SEC school in a night game on ESPNU, it went very well up until the end.

Another thing to note is this is the first time since going FBS that we do not have a home tv game at all. We will be featured on ESPNU 3 times, all away. Other than Minnesota and the SBC Championship game, all of our other games will be streamable on ESPN+.

Default Re: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

I'll take not having a home game on ESPNU to have 6 Saturday home games for once.

Also, Death Valley at night is one of those college football experiences I live for. Everyone that goes should enjoy it.

3. Default Re: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

Outside of having 6 Saturday home games, our home schedule is underwhelming. I would not want to televise any of them if I was ESPN.

I really wish we could break up the routine of having stAte, Troy and App all away or all home.

I will say that I am more intrigued with the ULL game after seeing nearly half of the preseason honors going to Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Outside of having 6 Saturday home games, our home schedule is underwhelming. I would not want to televise any of them if I was ESPN.

I really wish we could break up the routine of having stAte, Troy and App all away or all home.

I will say that I am more intrigued with the ULL game after seeing nearly half of the preseason honors going to Cajuns.
    That's a conference thing that needs to be changed. It's not fair that our three toughest conference games are away at the same time every other year.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

5. Default Re: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

The ULL game is easily our most exciting home opponent. I have some friends who are interested in coming to their first Georgia Southern game this season and I think that's the one I'm going to bring them to. Should be a great crowd if we do well against LSU and Minnesota.

TrueBlueDrew;963474]

Sat., Aug. 31:
    @LSU, 7:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

Sat., Sept. 7:
    Maine, 6 p.m. (ESPN+)

Sat., Sept. 14:
    @Minnesota, 3:30 p.m. (Big Ten Network)

Thurs., Oct. 3:
    @South Alabama, 7:30 p.m. (ESPNU)

Thurs., Oct. 31:
    @App State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)

Sat., Nov. 9:
    @Troy, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

Well its nice that we are on ESPNU 3 out of the 5 ESPN games.

I will have to buy the Big 10 channel for a month to watch the Gophers play & then watch the GSU's victory over the Gophers on Sept 14th at 3:30.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    That's a conference thing that needs to be changed. It's not fair that our three toughest conference games are away at the same time every other year.
    TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The ULL game is easily our most exciting home opponent. I have some friends who are interested in coming to their first Georgia Southern game this season and I think that's the one I'm going to bring them to. Should be a great crowd if we do well against LSU and Minnesota.
    I think we will be 2-1 after the first 3 games.

How far away are you and your friends away from GSU?

9. Default Re: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Teams rise and fall. It wasn't that long ago that Troy was considered an easy win. We have a great rotation set up with App and Gag. Those are two games that will almost always bring a crowd and since they are on alternating years, that guarantees at least one good crowd a season. Not to mention Gag is now on rivalry weekend which is perfect because when it's in Atlanta, a large percentage of our students and alums will be in the Atlanta area for Thanksgiving and can go to the game. All in all, we have a great seasonal set up.

10. Default Re: Updated Game Times Announced (LSU + others)

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I think we will be 2-1 after the first 3 games.

How far away are you and your friends away from GSU?
    Savannah. My friends are all transplants from the Northeast though (Penn State alums) and didn't know of Georgia Southern before moving here.