TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 175

Thread: Alcohol Sales

  1. #101

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    We're already selling it at games. If you can't go 3 hours without a beer, then pay the premium to sit in the proper section.
    That sounds easy on its face. I requested to move this year and was denied and told there was no availability.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Ga Tech has had crap attendance for decades. But they have lots of $$$$$$, so they play at a level they haven't been competitive in for many years. With the exception of their one tie for a NC, and a few years under PJ, their record in modern times has been pathetic.
    And you babble about GT why? Gag St's records have been pathetic. GT's have been average, and GT also plays in a P5 conference. BIG DIFFERENCE! Also, Gag St should get on their knees BEG for GT's attendance numbers.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Well 4-5 other schools in our own conference sell beer and don't have any issues. I'm not lawyer or cop but you can't raise the age of drinking. Is that a state or federal law? Either way it's discrimination.

    Anyone think about this, what we make on donations on the beer garden is more than what we'd pull in selling beer?
    Don't have issues, or you haven't heard of any issues. The guy that fell and busted his face and lost teeth at our bowl game was definitely "an issue", but unless you were sitting near him or read my post about him after the game, you would have thought there were "no issues" at the bowl game too.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What reasons?

    I'd like to see some valid reasons.
    Just a few off the top of my head:

    liability of over serving
    liability of an accident after game
    liability of selling to underage or selling to someone of age who gives it to their buddies at their seat
    cost of more insurance
    loss of other ticket sales due to drunks having/causing issues
    not kid friendly environment
    The Boro is still part of the South Ga bible belt
    maybe the BOR said no since they own the stadium
    oh, and the most important one....the people that make the rules have apparently decided that they don't want to.


    Can anyone come up with counters to all of these? Sure. But again, not agreeing with a reason does not invalidate it. I could have just as easily come up with the same number of reasons to sell it. But I have a problem with people telling a private business that they are stupid for not doing something that they have chosen not to do.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    44,665

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just a few off the top of my head:

    liability of over serving
    liability of an accident after game
    liability of selling to underage or selling to someone of age who gives it to their buddies at their seat
    cost of more insurance
    loss of other ticket sales due to drunks having/causing issues
    not kid friendly environment
    The Boro is still part of the South Ga bible belt
    maybe the BOR said no since they own the stadium
    oh, and the most important one....the people that make the rules have apparently decided that they don't want to.


    Can anyone come up with counters to all of these? Sure. But again, not agreeing with a reason does not invalidate it. I could have just as easily come up with the same number of reasons to sell it. But I have a problem with people telling a private business that they are stupid for not doing something that they have chosen not to do.
    Good points but we already serve beer in the beer garden to several thousand people. All these things can happen there and they are getting free beer.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  6. #106

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Trust me there is enough beer and liquor in Paulson stadium already and some out in the tailgate area.(smile, wink)

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    12,878

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That sounds easy on its face. I requested to move this year and was denied and told there was no availability.
    Just an excuse... They already knew the last thing anyone needs is you getting a supply of beer during the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

  8. #108

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Well 4-5 other schools in our own conference sell beer and don't have any issues. I'm not lawyer or cop but you can't raise the age of drinking. Is that a state or federal law? Either way it's discrimination.

    Anyone think about this, what we make on donations on the beer garden is more than what we'd pull in selling beer?
    Its actually not discrimination. There are a couple bars I've seen (mostly in Texas but one was in either FL or AL) that require 25 to enter/drink. I was talking to a lawyer and most age discrimination laws are to protect elderly and you don't become protected by it until 40ish. Made me laugh considering the irony.

    That said, keep it as 21 for the stadium and do $5-6 a beer. It will take care of itself.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Good points but we already serve beer in the beer garden to several thousand people. All these things can happen there and they are getting free beer.
    As I said there are responses to every item on my list that anyone can debate all day long. However, it's easier to police a relatively small area/section than it is a 25,000 seat stadium. Also, there are constantly officers walking the concourse in front of the beer garden watching what is going on there. Is there a difference legally/liability wise between selling and providing? Because we don't "sell it" in the stadium the way it is done now.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,272

    Default Re: Alcohol Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just a few off the top of my head:

    liability of over serving
    liability of an accident after game
    liability of selling to underage or selling to someone of age who gives it to their buddies at their seat
    cost of more insurance
    loss of other ticket sales due to drunks having/causing issues
    not kid friendly environment
    The Boro is still part of the South Ga bible belt
    maybe the BOR said no since they own the stadium
    oh, and the most important one....the people that make the rules have apparently decided that they don't want to.
    ALL VERY GOOD POINTS.

    **** (I'm not saying that GSU should sell beer in Paulson, but if they wanted to sell 4 beers per game to adults their can be ways to do it!)***


    I have not seen much drunk and disorderly conduct except from the visiting fans and our own student section. I know our students and opponents and some GSU fans get tanked before they enter the stadium and hide half pints of alcohol somewhere on their body. As fare as the student section goes, no vender should walk through the student section selling beers.

    At UCF the premium or club sections season ticket holders have to where their special season ticket badge around their necks. Venders come to them and beer is not sold at a station. As I walk by the GSU boxed sections I see alcohol bottles sitting out along with beer. That maybe because someone or group of box leasers can get away with that because the boxes are privet and the leaser's of the boxes would have to take responsibility for letting people drink to much. As far as drunk and disorderly fans from GSU or the visiting them they should be taken from the game and be placed in the county jail, charged, Picked up by a sober friend and pay a fine. GSU students should have to go through the same thing and loose their right to attend home games for that season.

    As far as adult GSU fans are concerned a drivers licensee would have to be shown. With all the holographic images on the Drivers Licenses now it would be hard to make a fake. A ticket that allows you to buy beer could be bought ahead of time to allow 4 beers per game per adult with an extra $2 charge in which the vender would have to punch the advance bought $2 ticket along with looking at the Drivers license.


    **** (Again, I'm not saying that GSU should sell beer in Paulson, but if they wanted to sell 4 beers per game to adults their can be ways to do it!)***
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 30th April 2019, 03:38 PM
  2. Paulson and Alcohol
    By wesley_4024 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 9th October 2018, 07:02 PM
  3. Alcohol sales near Boone?
    By Achilles Return in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th November 2011, 09:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •