TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Sales

Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I believe CCU and App are the only other SBC programs that do not sell it.
    I actually got the info from an article dated September 2018. The info I posted is correct for last fall.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Snowflake
    Only idiots use that word right?

3. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    1/2 million??? If that's the case, I'm staying home from games as Paulson will no longer be safe. Everybody in the stadium would need to be falling down drunk to raise that kind of money.
    I would love to know the sales during the Camelia bowl. Those guys were slinging beer as FAs as they could.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if stadium beer sales were 150k just for that game.

4. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

If only 10k people bought a single beer at each home game, with a price of $7 a pint, that would be $420,000 of revenue for this upcoming season. Again, that’s if less than 50% of total capacity bought one beer.

Just because alcohol is sold doesn’t mean you’re forced to buy it.

Here's the answer to the revenue question. This article is 4 years old but I don't think the numbers would be much different today. At 43%, Troy gets between $80,000 - $90,000.

"Last year, Troy athletic director John Hartwell told ESPN that beer would account for an estimated $200,000 in revenue for the school. Through its concessions contract with Sodexo, Troy receives 43 percent of gross beer sales at its 30,000-seat stadium, more than $2 for every $5 beer."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...-selling-beer/

Going to guarantee we have more beer drinkers than Troy. That’s a tiny school.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Going to guarantee we have more beer drinkers than Troy. That’s a tiny school.
    Troy averaged almost 25,000 in attendance the last 2 years. Way more than us. I can't say how many of those were "beer drinkers", but given that over half of our attendance is under 21, I'm going to say you are wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Troy averaged almost 25,000 in attendance the last 2 years. Way more than us. I can't say how many of those were "beer drinkers", but given that over half of our attendance is under 21, I'm going to say you are wrong again.
    More students equals more beer drinkers. Huge amounts of students under 21 either have a fake ID, or someone else’s ID.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

More students equals more beer drinkers. Huge amounts of students under 21 either have a fake ID, or someone else’s ID.
    Yeah. Maybe they will make up for the 8000 less people we have in attendance.

I drank a lot under age and had a fake for a bit but I never ever would pay $5 for a beer. That’s money I never had. I think (based off nothing but experience) most students are the same.