TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Sales

1. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I am by no means a teetotaler and enjoy a refreshing adult beverage often, but the last thing many in our fan base needs is access to alcohol during a game ( can say the same for most college games).
    why?

we had access at the bowl game and at Gag.

what tragedies ensued?

what makes our fan base so horrible??

If you don’t want to drink, don’t. Personally, I have never had a drink at any of our games. I’m always driving..... But this is an important source of revenue we need to stop overlooking.

If Gag and UGA sell beer, they will see even more revenue (UGA is swimming in money anyhow.). We need to stay up with the competition. And Gag will be competition. They make a lot of money from donors and sponsors. Make even more money from beer. We need not let any opportunities slip by. Those guys are scum, but they are scum who will surpass us if we are not careful

2. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

SEC just lifted it's alcohol sales ban

Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    why?

we had access at the bowl game and at Gag.

what tragedies ensued?

what makes our fan base so horrible??

If you don’t want to drink, don’t. Personally, I have never had a drink at any of our games. I’m always driving..... But this is an important source of revenue we need to stop overlooking.

If Gag and UGA sell beer, they will see even more revenue (UGA is swimming in money anyhow.). We need to stay up with the competition. And Gag will be competition. They make a lot of money from donors and sponsors. Make even more money from beer. We need not let any opportunities slip by. Those guys are scum, but they are scum who will surpass us if we are not careful
    Nothing makes us special or worse than anyone else. But I do know for a fact that two people in my section alone consumed WAY too much and fell on their faces just before the end of the game. The one in my row fell and busted his face up on the bleachers two rows in front of him. I'm talking busted lips, bloody nose, and about 4 or 5 lost teeth where he ate the bench.

I don't really care one way or the other. But I can see both sides of it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Monitors in bathrooms? Lawsuit
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Honestly don’t know why some people are so against alcohol sales. Everyone here knows it and let’s not hide the fact that this program is itching for more money and that’s one surefire way to do it. And if y’all think the people that are plastered are doing it off of beer bought in the stadium you are just delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Monitors in bathrooms? Lawsuit
    I think he is talking about monitors broadcasting the game....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I think he is talking about monitors broadcasting the game....
    And bathroom attendants making sure things are orderly, stocked and clean for efficiency.

8. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

We should have been selling alcohol at games 20 years ago. All the Pearl clutching nonsense has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We should have been selling alcohol at games 20 years ago. All the Pearl clutching nonsense has to stop.
    We're already selling it at games. If you can't go 3 hours without a beer, then pay the premium to sit in the proper section.

10. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Do people get this bent out of shape about all the beers sold at Braves games?

Or is that just a normal part of the great American Pastime?