TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    you know I know these kids pretty up close and personal but despite the fact I love everyone of them, I was NOT expecting them to do as well as they did. Picked 3rd in our division and to end up playing in title game, what can you say, another exciting GS baseball season. We may have to replace Shuman, Mason, Curry. Big Yank graduates and he's hopeful to be drafted. Got some work to do to bring in some more talent. I'm already looking forward to next season.
    +1 Garns. Baseball always has to reload after every season because we lose talented juniors and seniors. Not to mention the usual attrition that hits every team. I’m excited about the future of our BB program. Really exceeded expectations this year. Who knows how that game turns out if Mc doesn’t get hurt. Tressler did a great job filling in but that is Mc favorite park to hit in. He may have had a 3 homer game again. We will never know. Congrats to Coastal for battling back out of the losers bracket and finishing the deal. Not easy to do. Looking forward to next year! GATA!

2. Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Before we built the new stadium they were giving all kinds of stuff away. Food items from around town and concession stand. Pizzas, subs, burgers, dogs, drinks. We paid .50 for lineup sheet with a number on it. Throughout the game they would draw numbers for home runs, grand slams, sub way double plays. All kinds of things. I think maybe meals at favorite restaurant. One year I won a savings bond. The Marketing Department needs to step up its game. No reason they can’t give more stuff away even if we have to help pay for it by buying a lineup sheet.

Hey guys. Not here to gloat. Just wanted to point something out as someone who was there for a handful of games.

1) I don't think anyone was a fan of the umpires all tourney long. I spoke with the parent of a UTA pitcher during our game that we lost and he agreed the umps were brutal. Spoke with a friend of your Assoc AD during our game and we joked all game that the umpires inhale vigorouslying was the only thing we could agree on.

2) There were good crowds at the games, just not maybe butts in seats because it was so ungodly hot out. Most people were on the concourse and under the tents in LF and RF. I had two friends that were affected by the heat - one on Wednesday and one Sunday. It was ridiculous!

3) Some of your fans sat near me under the LF tent before the game. Good people, I think McWhorter's dad was one of them, and a catcher of yours who was out with back surgery (that's what he told me).
    “We talk about it all the time, when he’s not around, how bad we want to get coach to Omaha, how bad we want to get him to Omaha, how bad we want to get him to Omaha ...And now look at us,” Marks said.

4. Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Quote Originally Posted by bodoyle View Post
    Hey guys. Not here to gloat. Just wanted to point something out as someone who was there for a handful of games.

1) I don't think anyone was a fan of the umpires all tourney long. I spoke with the parent of a UTA pitcher during our game that we lost and he agreed the umps were brutal. Spoke with a friend of your Assoc AD during our game and we joked all game that the umpires inhale vigorouslying was the only thing we could agree on.

2) There were good crowds at the games, just not maybe butts in seats because it was so ungodly hot out. Most people were on the concourse and under the tents in LF and RF. I had two friends that were affected by the heat - one on Wednesday and one Sunday. It was ridiculous!

3) Some of your fans sat near me under the LF tent before the game. Good people, I think McWhorter's dad was one of them, and a catcher of yours who was out with back surgery (that's what he told me).
    I'll assume you are a CCU fan. If so, congratulations on the victory over GS in the SBC final, that is one good HC you guys have over there.

Sorry, yea CCU alum/fan.
    “We talk about it all the time, when he’s not around, how bad we want to get coach to Omaha, how bad we want to get him to Omaha, how bad we want to get him to Omaha ...And now look at us,” Marks said.

Sorry, yea CCU alum/fan.
    Congrats to you guys. On a side note.. Why does your mascot have balls on it's chin?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsoringeagle View Post
    Before we built the new stadium they were giving all kinds of stuff away. Food items from around town and concession stand. Pizzas, subs, burgers, dogs, drinks. We paid .50 for lineup sheet with a number on it. Throughout the game they would draw numbers for home runs, grand slams, sub way double plays. All kinds of things. I think maybe meals at favorite restaurant. One year I won a savings bond. The Marketing Department needs to step up its game. No reason they can’t give more stuff away even if we have to help pay for it by buying a lineup sheet.
    I loved going to baseball games as a student. I won the between-inning trivia contests all the time. I once won a free dinner to Snooky’s And a t-shirt (my favorites). I remember they had a cookout between a double header. Free burgers and hotdogs for both teams and the fans.

Sorry, yea CCU alum/fan.
    Your always welcomed over here. While in football Appy are our rivals and we just flat out detest Gag State, we might be developing a nice rivalry with you guys in baseball.

I remember Bodoyle from back in the FCS days on our board and possibly AGS? Glad to see he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I remember Bodoyle from back in the FCS days on our board and possibly AGS? Glad to see he's still around.
    Yes sir, that's me! You can't get rid of me, I'm like a fungus