TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    kind of spooky reminds me of GS basketball, exciting competitive teams, finish high in league standings but just can't get over the hump.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    kind of spooky reminds me of GS basketball, exciting competitive teams, finish high in league standings but just can't get over the hump.
    How long you been watching Georgia Southern?

Cause this just seems like SSDD.

I donít disagree. However, there are a whole lot of programs that would like to be in the mix consistently like we are. Iím happy with our current standing and it will just be that much more exciting when we make the big dance and CWS again. It gives me chills to think of our crowds when we finally break through...weíre hungry as a fan base and I expect magic when we get there. Will you be there?

Also, anyone that isnít happy with our baseball and basketball coaches is on crack. Look at where weíve come from. Iím so happy to have the current coaches in our big 3 sports as well as golf.

5. Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    I don’t disagree. However, there are a whole lot of programs that would like to be in the mix consistently like we are. I’m happy with our current standing and it will just be that much more exciting when we make the big dance and CWS again. It gives me chills to think of our crowds when we finally break through...we’re hungry as a fan base and I expect magic when we get there. Will you be there?
    The last time we went to the College World Series: Erk was enjoying his first few months of retirement (May 1990).

The last time we went to the Big Dance: Tim Stowers had just missed the playoffs in his second year as head coach (March 1992).

I'm sorry, but that's so long ago that our current player's parents were at best in middle school.

I'd go through and list all the mid-major teams that have made the Big Dance or CWS since we've last been, but it would probably depress you.

I know all of this. But thanks for patronizing.

Baseball is a crapshoot. Would you rather we play a soft schedule to try to get a better record and make a regional without winning the tournament? Iíd rather play the Clemsonís, West Virginiaís, Georgiaís and GTís in our choice games.

As for basketball, yell at Frank Kearns if you have a problem. Jeff Price brought us back to mediocre and we are extremely blessed to have Byington.

If the grass looks greener elsewhere go root for Mercer.

Dont compare basketball to baseball. Clements is a first-rate DI stadium. Hanner is pretty sub-par even by mid-major standards.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Well maybe Iím just antiquated. I still think that if we gave Sewak a couple more years we would have blossomed

9. Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    I know all of this. But thanks for patronizing.

Baseball is a crapshoot. Would you rather we play a soft schedule to try to get a better record and make a regional without winning the tournament? I’d rather play the Clemson’s, West Virginia’s, Georgia’s and GT’s in our choice games.

As for basketball, yell at Frank Kearns if you have a problem. Jeff Price brought us back to mediocre and we are extremely blessed to have Byington.

If the grass looks greener elsewhere go root for Mercer.
    That's really not being patronizing. That's just the reality of the situation we're in. I shudder to think where our football program would be if Erk retired and we just said "well, winning championships was fun and all, but it's pretty hard, so mediocre is fine".

I DO want us to play the tough schedules, and I'm even fine with taking 1 game each from those tough teams. I just don't want to see us lose games against UNC-Asheville (finished 16-36), Charleston Southern (23-36), ULM twice (27-31), App State (22-31), Kennesaw State (27-29), and Georgia State (15-41).

If we had won just two of the 4 games we lost to ULM, App, and GAST (3 of the 4 worst teams in the conference), then we have a regular season title and a potential shot at an at-large.

Btw, this would be patronizing:

I'm 35 years old and the last time we went to the CWS/Big Dance was when I was in 2nd grade. If this pace holds, I might see us go twice more before I hit 100!

PS: Mercer went in 2014, and they even won a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Dont compare basketball to baseball. Clements is a first-rate DI stadium. Hanner is pretty sub-par even by mid-major standards.
    I understand, but see my earlier comments. Would you prefer we play a fluff schedule to get a better record? Iíd rather make it the right way when we do.