TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

1. Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

No. The SBC is officially a single bid conference this year. Texas State was listed as one of the First Four Out of Regionals.

Meanwhile, TCU goes 11-13 in conference and gets a #3 seed in a regional. Smfh

CCU is in GT’s regional.

Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Please put Duke on next years baseball schedule… I can’t believe they got an at large bid at 31-25…The only special series win this year… They swept Clemson but Clemson was not a top 50 team this year… Duke was one and done in the ACC tournament… I call BS in this one.
    They lost to Campbell, Split with VCU, got beat twice by Liberty, Beat NC Central… twice but not by much ... In my opinion had a sub par out of conference schedule. There also needs to be a higher minimum amount of games played in a season.

This is my problem with these BS selections. I agree that the Sunbelt didn't have any standout teams this year, BUT...

TCU, Duke, and FSU getting in is just dumb. Texas St. is more worthy. Heck, even WE had a better argument than some of them.

I’m with you about Georgia Southern getting in… However, what killed us ... not sweeping Georgia State, Appalachian State, UNC Asheville, … Kennesaw State loss at the end of the season didn’t bode well either. It felt like we were limping into the tournament.

5. Default Re: Will any other team in Sunbelt advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEAGLE n CLT View Post
    I’m with you about Georgia Southern getting in… However, what killed us ... not sweeping Georgia State, Appalachian State, UNC Asheville, … Kennesaw State loss at the end of the season didn’t bode well either. It felt like we were limping into the tournament.
    Yep if we had won the games we should have won we would have had a shot at an at large bid. There seems to be a trend over the past few years. Lose games to bad teams we should beat and not finish the drill in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Yep if we had won the games we should have won we would have had a shot at an at large bid. There seems to be a trend over the past few years. Lose games to bad teams we should beat and not finish the drill in the tournament.
    That's not just the last few years.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

We definitely took ourselves out of any consideration. But I don't know that we get in even without the bad losses. We probably could have had an RPI in the low 40's. It would have been close, but the selection committees are always going to give these P5's the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    We definitely took ourselves out of any consideration. But I don't know that we get in even without the bad losses. We probably could have had an RPI in the low 40's. It would have been close, but the selection committees are always going to give these P5's the nod.
    +1000 Walt. See Duke this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No. The SBC is officially a single bid conference this year. Texas State was listed as one of the First Four Out of Regionals.

Meanwhile, TCU goes 11-13 in conference and gets a #3 seed in a regional. Smfh

CCU is in GT’s regional.
    i said a month ago TexState was only SB team that could possibly get an at large if they didn't win SB outright. IMO, they choked, if they made it to Sunday they, IMO were in.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    kind of spooky reminds me of GS basketball, exciting competitive teams, finish high in league standings but just can't get over the hump.