TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunbelt Championship

1. Default Sunbelt Championship

Why is the Sunbelt Championship only one game when one team was undefeated. Thought you had to lose twice.

Default Re: Sunbelt Championship

Championship Sunday is single game regardless of previous records. It's a little annoying but other conferences use a format like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Championship Sunday is single game regardless of previous records. It's a little annoying but other conferences use a format like this too.
    +1 I agree with your post but like my mom use to say, "So, if everybody else is doing it does it make it right?"(smile). I think the format stinks. I'd rather see single elimination vs. 3/4 of tournament double elimination then penalize a team on Sunday by going back to single elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1 I agree with your post but like my mom use to say, "So, if everybody else is doing it does it make it right?"(smile). I think the format stinks. I'd rather see single elimination vs. 3/4 of tournament double elimination then penalize a team on Sunday by going back to single elimination.
    I'm not just saying this because I'm a GS "homer", I feel this way for ANY SB team that enters Sunday undefeated, that team, like all the others needs to lose 2 to be sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'm not just saying this because I'm a GS "homer", I feel this way for ANY SB team that enters Sunday undefeated, that team, like all the others needs to lose 2 to be sent home.
    +1,000.

CWS final used to be like this, double elimination all the way until the final game. It was a 1 game winner take all. They finally changed it to best of 3.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Can drop back to the SoCon. Mercer had to beat Wofford twice yesterday to take the conference title.
    http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/...DB_OEM_ID=4000

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Can drop back to the SoCon. Mercer had to beat Wofford twice yesterday to take the conference title.
    yep, for awhile there I thought I was losing what is left of my mind. It did use to be double elimination throughout and it needs to go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    dam SB

10. Default Re: Sunbelt Championship

I also think the format stinks. However we did blow a 6-0 lead against a team with a depleted pitching staff.