TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Sales

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I've not looked at the financial numbers lately but is it beneficial to buy a season ticket package over individual tickets? For example, 6 home games at individual tickets should be about 1/6th more or so than the season ticket price. Give people a reason to buy season tickets instead of walkups. I just dont know that we have that sort of interest in the program right now by enough people to create that sort of demand when people can walk up on gameday and sit on between the 40's and watch the game.
    My season ticket package is $600 donation + $145 for the seat or $124/game. I think it's in the $60-$80 range to buy single game tickets.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    My season ticket package is $600 donation + $145 for the seat or $124/game. I think it's in the $60-$80 range to buy single game tickets.
    Your ticket is $24.16 per game when we have 6 home games. Club levels are reserved for donors. If the only reason you donate is to purchase football tickets in the club level, you may be overlooking the importance of funding scholarships and salaries for all Eagle athletics.

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Your ticket is $24.16 per game when we have 6 home games. Club levels are reserved for donors. If the only reason you donate is to purchase football tickets in the club level, you may be overlooking the importance of funding scholarships and salaries for all Eagle athletics.
    I am honestly very happy that my donation goes to those good causes, but I admit the only reason I donate the amount I do is to purchase certain football tickets (and other sports), and I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I can't get my tickets without that $600 donation. I am literally on the 50 yard line in the 7th row on the press box side. That $600 also gives me access to parking in Paulson. Yes I know it benefits the students I enjoy watching. I missed 1 game last year (road game) and that's the plan for this season as well. I bought 4/5 extra bowl tickets to donate. I have season tickets in every sport we offer season tickets and I never go. Soccer, Volleyball, baseball, basketball (men's and women's). I just recently got a new job and at the least will double my annual donation to $1200.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We were at 5,858 sold season tickets last year. The highest we have on record was 6,880 and that was for the 2016 season. GATA!

What issues are you having with the online ticket site? As far as our software goes, we switched to a new ticketing software in May of 2017 and are with Paciolan who is by far the largest and most advanced ticketing software in college athletics. I believe it is less than 10 power 5 conference schools that do not use Paciolan.

I will say that it has been night and day compared to our previous software provider. For example, for football renewals the last two seasons, we had around 65% of our renewals done online both years. Every year prior to that and before we switched software providers, we were never above 10% renewed online. That is just for online renewals. Single game ticket sales and new season ticket sales are just about all online now which was not the case at all before we switched software providers. We were lucky if 10% of our single game football sales were placed online prior to the switch. Around 70-75% of our single game football sales are done online now.

And we used to get emails and calls every other day from fans it seemed about issues with our previous software. We have only had a very few amount of people reach out to us about issues with the current software. And just about all of those issues were either because they had not linked and activated their online account to the new software or it had to do with something in their internet settings or browser.

I say all of that to give you some feedback on what we are seeing on our end, as well as to see what issues you are having so we can try and make that experience better for you. We are not going to find a better ticket software provider than Paciolan as they are the top of the line in college athletics. With that said, we are still relatively new with this software, so I am sure there are some things we can tweak and have adjusted to make things easier if that makes sense. I am still learning new features every single day and trying to improve our experience for our fans.

Please just let me know and we will do anything we can to help and we appreciate your feedback. We can't improve if we do not receive any feedback, so we thank you for letting us know. No matter if the feedback is good or bad. Hail Southern and No Place Else!

-David Cutler

I've had issues at times setting up Payment Plans more specifically for annual donations. It's been a year almost since I set that up though so I can't remember specifically what it was.

I will say, the link provided in email this year for renewing led to a page that was very easy to complete and fill out. That was really good to see. I had zero issues with that.

I did like when we had 12 month payment plan options for season tickets/parking though. I know there might still be a decision to be made about whether or not costs increase for the next year, but I have no problem starting payments on the current known cost and if the tickets cost more the next year, I can make up the difference at the end. That's a known cost for me that I'm going to have each year and if I can spread it out over time then that makes it easier on me. This year, none of that was loaded until Jan so the only option was 6 months (I also procrastinated and didn't renew until later which compounded the issue but that's on me).

For single game parking, like we plan to do at the RAC this year. are we offering mobile or printout capability for those passes? This is nice when we go to other schools as all we have to do is print out the pass and they either scan it or check it as we come in the lot. Also makes incoming traffic quicker since people aren't paying at the entrance, and if you sell out then it's permit parking only at that point and makes it even easier to get people in there.

So on the payment plans on the donations. You are correct on that and to be honest, as good as the ticket side of Paciolan is, the donor side is still a little behind. With that said, they have a new platform they are releasing that we are hoping to upgrade to within the next year or so. I have seen the demos on what it is going to look like and that new platform is really going to improve the online aspect of the donor side. For example, on the current donor side, customized payment plans can not be set up online. Meaning that you can do a 12 month payment plan, but that is it, you can't do 11, 10, 9 and so forth as each month passes until the deadline of when it is due by. So if you wanted to set up a monthly payment plan on your donation at the moment after July, you would need to contact the office for us to set that up for you manually. The new platform fixes all of that, so hopefully over the next year or so, we will see some big upgrades on the donor side.

On the 12 month payment plans for tickets/parking. So that was something that I wanted to try a couple of years ago when I first started to try and spread things out even more for people. Well we made it through that year, but I quickly discovered why no one else in the country does that. It was an absolute nightmare to manage accounting wise as well as trying to keep up and trying to sell for two football seasons at the same time as well as Volleyball, Men's and Women's Soccer and Men's and Women's Basketball all going on at the same time. People were getting confused as well as once you build something ticket wise, you can't easily make changes if anything changes which always happens before a season starts. There were just a lot of things that made that a big mess, which is why no one else really offers anything like that. Our ticket office is also a staff of 2 full time employees, so we also have to make sure we can get everything else running smoothly first. That is why we have the 6 month payment plan option which if you take a look around the country, usually a 3 month payment plan is the max you will typically find. With that said, you can always set up your Eagle Fund donation on up to a 12 month payment plan, it just has to be paid in full by June 30th. So this July, you could start your 2020-21 Eagle Fund donation on a 12 month payment plan and then when 2020 football season ticket renewals start in January or February, you can put the tickets and parking on a 6 month payment plan. So that 12 month plan on tickets and parking was something we only did for one year and realized that we could not continue to do that.

You will see some big changes to game day parking this season. We will be scanning parking passes this year and we will be doing print at home parking passes. For the single game parking lots, parking will be sold in advance for $10 and will be print at home passes or $20 on game day at the lot. I am going to try and see if we can get mobile ready for this season, but might start with print at home at first. We are also going to be scanning parking passes in the donor lots this year which will also allow us to give donors the ability to reprint or transfer their parking pass to someone like they can with their season tickets. Or if someone loses or forgets their parking pass, they will be able to go online to their account and reissue their parking pass to their email.

Again, we are still working out a bunch of the details and all of that and will hopefully have a bunch of information finalized and ready to send out here in the next month or so.

Looking forward to an exciting season. GATA!

-David Cutler

9. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales

Thanks for the great info, David! This kind of transparency goes a long way!

Looking forward to the donor upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We should have no issues reaching 7k right? I mean, we have 6 home games this season and they’re all on Saturdays. Isn’t that what our fan base has been complaining about since we went FBS?
    6 home games on Saturday! That has to be a great selling point.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed