TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Southern Pride

Default Re: Southern Pride

All the things mentioned are things that my contact wants to hear from some of you that have actually marched with Southern Pride.
    The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences is sending a rep out to sit down with alumni to learn our concerns. She was in Beaufort SC with me and my wife Wednesday for about two hours. I got the feeling that they sincerely want to know. I told her about this group and she asked that I pass her contact info on to anyone who would like to have their concerns heard. PM me and I’ll give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    200 Bishop club seats
    Which is a start.

Are music majors still required to take two years of marching band? I remember Dr Masom discouraged some of his students from doing marching band. That lack of support will hurt enrollment.

4. Default Re: Southern Pride

We look like a big 10 wanna be band now. Drum major attempts at traditional big 10 style looks “awkward”. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
    We look like a big 10 wanna be band now. Drum major attempts at traditional big 10 style looks “awkward”. Just my opinion.
    Technically that is an opinion, but this one happens to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by bfteagle View Post
    All the things mentioned are things that my contact wants to hear from some of you that have actually marched with Southern Pride.
    The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences is sending a rep out to sit down with alumni to learn our concerns. She was in Beaufort SC with me and my wife Wednesday for about two hours. I got the feeling that they sincerely want to know. I told her about this group and she asked that I pass her contact info on to anyone who would like to have their concerns heard. PM me and I’ll give it to you.
    I have no problem with what Haddad is doing, it's the stuff we've done previously and he hasn't changed that I would rather see changed.

There have been groups who organized to feed SP. I wonder if we could fund $500 scholarships for SP members in a separate fundraiser. Maybe that would boost membership? I don't know what all the costs are. Uniforms and travel. Are the instruments owned by the student? I'd be willing to contribute $500 annually just to the band.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    There have been groups who organized to feed SP. I wonder if we could fund $500 scholarships for SP members in a separate fundraiser. Maybe that would boost membership? I don't know what all the costs are. Uniforms and travel. Are the instruments owned by the student? I'd be willing to contribute $500 annually just to the band.
    The Aging Eagles raise money for SP. I am sure you could reach out to them if you want to assist. I know some people who are involved if you want contact information.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

This from a fellow Eagle fan. Was unaware of it but sent a check to support Southern Pride. Our band does a fabulous job with limited resources. I encourage you to help them. GATA.

Ga Southern football is finally back on top where it belongs. Our Band Director, Dr Dan Haddad, believes the enthusiasm carried over from last year will create a larger and better performing Band for 2019.
    The 501c3 organization Forever Eagles (formerly Aging Eagles) is excited to be working with Dan to provide the financial support he needs. The Forever Eagles provide the game-day lunch for the Band. We also provide transportation and cash incentives for the 15 members of “Southern Pride To Go”. This group on Friday nights visits restaurants providing patrons with pep rally music and local enthusiasm for the Saturday game
    Our annual membership dues ($50 each) go to provide the financial support needed by the Band-hopefully 250 strong. Please send your check payable to Forever Eagles to the Treasurer to 35 Forest Pines Drive, Statesboro, Ga 30458. The amount is fully tax deductible.
    Go Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone