TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

  1. #1

    Default NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names


  2. #2

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    So wealthy boosters can pay recruits $5000 for their abstract crayon art? No, thanks.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  3. #3

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    But I've already pre-ordered 10,000 Feaster jerseys.

  4. Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So wealthy boosters can pay recruits $5000 for their abstract crayon art? No, thanks.
    As opposed to the current system where wealthy boosters can pay recruits $5000 for nothing?

  5. #5

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    It will be interesting to see how this works.

    I'm thinking they would only allow them to be paid through merchandise sales. If they open it up to anything, then the local guy that owns 10 car dealerships around alabama will be offering to pay a recruit $200k to be in a tv spot for 2 seconds. It would essentially make it easier for boosters to bribe kids to go to their school. Sure, it already happens, but this just makes it easier.

  6. #6

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    "NCAA Transfer Portal, brought to you by eBay."

  7. #7

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    First real step into getting college football video games back.

  8. Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    I’ll buy some Werts art.

    Hell, I hear Vildor, Brinson, and Kennedy are pretty good at sketches too!

    I also hear Bass has some pretty kick-*** clay sculptures

  9. #9

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    As opposed to the current system where wealthy boosters can pay recruits $5000 for nothing?
    The dam has a leak in it, so what difference will it make it we just tear it down altogether? Is that basically what you're saying?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this works.

    I'm thinking they would only allow them to be paid through merchandise sales. If they open it up to anything, then the local guy that owns 10 car dealerships around alabama will be offering to pay a recruit $200k to be in a tv spot for 2 seconds. It would essentially make it easier for boosters to bribe kids to go to their school. Sure, it already happens, but this just makes it easier.
    I would be fine if they could sell player jerseys and that players could get a cut from them as long there's oversight to prevent abuse and that players can't get the money until they leave school (i.e. they graduate or declare for the draft).
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,107

    Default Re: NCAA considers allowing players to profit from their names

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    First real step into getting college football video games back.

    Isn’t this what we all really care about anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Similar Threads

  1. Question for Georgia Southern NCAA '14 (XBox360) Fans & Players
    By GaStPanthers in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th September 2013, 09:41 PM
  2. Wofford players girlfriend names ect
    By Joseph in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 7th October 2010, 09:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •