TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: HS Football Championship To Gag....

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    45,049

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Georgia State's AD proposed it to TK who stupidly agreed to it even though the point structure is heavily lopsided to basketball performance above all else. Then they fashioned a metal and plastic trophy so they have something to put in their trophy case. It means very little to GS fans, and most GS fans don't even know it's a thing.
    Pure speculation because this is based off rumors but TK went to Gag State with a football only trophy. They said heck no and ended up with an all sports trophy. Not sure where you get this is based heavily on basketball because it's not. A win in men's basketball is 1 point, just like soccer, golf, tennis, T&F, baseball, softball, volleyball, cross country. Football is 2 points. Each win in every sport is worth points, as well as GPA's and community service.

    https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3897606....B_OEM_ID=12700
    https://gseagles.com/news/2015/10/1/BSB_1001154200.aspx
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  2. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Pure speculation because this is based off rumors but TK went to Gag State with a football only trophy. They said heck no and ended up with an all sports trophy. Not sure where you get this is based heavily on basketball because it's not. A win in men's basketball is 1 point, just like soccer, golf, tennis, T&F, baseball, softball, volleyball, cross country. Football is 2 points. Each win in every sport is worth points, as well as GPA's and community service.

    https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3897606....B_OEM_ID=12700
    https://gseagles.com/news/2015/10/1/BSB_1001154200.aspx
    Basketball is worth a point each time we play for both Men's and Women's basketball. Due to current Sun Belt scheduling, that's a minimum of 4 points a season for that one sport. Bonus points if you beat the other in the conference tournament which again due to Sun Belt schedule we both will almost always make. And when the Sun Belt switches to pod scheduling for basketball, we could face them twice as much in the regular season and each one of those games will be worth 1 point.

    Meanwhile in sports like baseball, volleyball, and softball that play multiple matches, the series is only worth one point in total.

    Football will only ever be worth 2 points and is actually one of the lowest sports in terms of possible points since there is no chance to accrue bonus points for Football. On the other end, Basketball has the highest amount of total possible points of any sport at 8 possible points for Men's and Women's combined.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,537

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    The bigger problem is we've never been dominant in non-revenue sports.

    That would eliminate anything to do with basketball's influence if we would mop up the rest of the sports.

    It should have been football only or nothing at all. Which is funny because they would have had it from 2015 until last year and that alone would have made us really mad. As it is, the fact they've had this particular trophy every time doesn't even matter to anyone.


  4. #74

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Playing football at the Ted Corpse (Zombie Ted?!) is a big deal at all. These kids (and the fans) would likely much rather play at a HS stadium of one of the teams in it. If you aren't going to do MB, then do away with the central location all together.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

  5. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Playing football at the Ted Corpse (Zombie Ted?!) is a big deal at all. These kids (and the fans) would likely much rather play at a HS stadium of one of the teams in it. If you aren't going to do MB, then do away with the central location all together.
    Zombie Ted!

    Love it!!

  6. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    I wish there was some way we could play them in Macon... basically everybody has to drive the same distance. I don't know many people in Bainbridge or Cairo that wants to drive to the Ted. Colquitt county brings a crowd, but their coach got fired this year didn't he? If your not going to have the games in MB, you might as well have them at a central location or at the stadium of the highest ranked. Mercer has a nice place... doesn't it hold about 9 or 10 thousand.

  7. #77

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    You are suggesting Georgia Southern play a football game in Mercer's stadium? No way.

    Edit - My bad. I misread the post. As you all were before I stumbled in ...
    Last edited by Bleu; 14th May 2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Stupidity
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

  8. #78

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    You are suggesting Georgia Southern play a football game in Mercer's stadium? No way.
    HS = High School Football.

  9. #79

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    According to their website Five Star stadium seats 10,200. That’s smaller than some 6A-7A high schools.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Georgia State's AD proposed it to TK who stupidly agreed to it even though the point structure is heavily lopsided to basketball performance above all else. Then they fashioned a metal and plastic trophy so they have something to put in their trophy case. It means very little to GS fans, and most GS fans don't even know it's a thing.

    Do you have a site where all of use could see the we what the weighting for each sport is?
    Why so heavy on basketball?
    Well I see that True Blue answered this question all ready.
    Still why so heavy into basketball???????????????????????????

    Basketball is worth a point each time we play for both Men's and Women's basketball. Due to current Sun Belt scheduling, that's a minimum of 4 points a season for that one sport. Bonus points if you beat the other in the conference tournament which again due to Sun Belt schedule we both will almost always make. And when the Sun Belt switches to pod scheduling for basketball, we could face them twice as much in the regular season and each one of those games will be worth 1 point.

    Meanwhile in sports like baseball, volleyball, and softball that play multiple matches, the series is only worth one point in total.

    Football will only ever be worth 2 points and is actually one of the lowest sports in terms of possible points since there is no chance to accrue bonus points for Football. On the other end, Basketball has the highest amount of total possible points of any sport at 8 possible points for Men's and Women's combined.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Similar Threads

  1. MAC Championship
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th December 2014, 09:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2011, 03:10 PM
  3. Championship Football Game Moved From December To January
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 29th January 2009, 05:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •