TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HS Football Championship To Gag....

1. Default HS Football Championship To Gag....

Heard on radio they have decided to hold the game at Gag’s place.

Hope they enjoy that dumpster

2. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

All problems with that place aside, it especially inhales vigorously for the attendees to take a mid-December event from an indoor facility to an outdoor facility.

Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Well they're going to be playing the championships in a dump now.

Part of the fascination in high school with making it that far was it was the Dome (in my day) or the Benz now. It was a big deal.

Now, there may be some initial excitement this first year for playing at Gast's stadium....but the reports that come back will not be favorable.

I feel bad for the players and coaches. The big time feel of the Dome and Benz made it special. Playing at Turner Field will be a let down.

The funny part is that they will have more fans for high school games than for their own games....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I mean the player facilities won't be terrible, just not as good as saying they got to go in the Falcons' locker room and all.

I don't think they have enough locker rooms though. Everyone forgets that both domes had secondary locker rooms for teams getting ready to play in the next game so they'd have their own locker room and all.

The problem is going to be the garbage experience for the fans. Word of mouth in the high school community is pretty damn strong too.

Put the championships back at the campus. The whole reason for this was the Atlanta-centric GPB broadcasting.

The population centers around the country like Atlanta are antithetical to the spirit of high school football which is the biggest event most towns in America, certainly Georgia, have.

I've had great experiences traveling to Hawkinsville, Lincolnton, and Homerville to watch State Championships. Also got to see one at Paulson.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 7th May 2019 at 04:11 PM.

Completely understand the decision but my guess is this experiment will be short lived.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Heard on radio they have decided to hold the game at Gag’s place.

Hope they enjoy that dumpster
    Well isn't that ironic. The Georgia high school championship will be held at a university stadium that couldn't beat the high school teams that they will host! ;-)
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

9. Default Re: HS Football Championship To Gag....

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Well isn't that ironic. The Georgia high school championship will be held at a university stadium that couldn't beat the high school teams that they will host! ;-)
    Hahaha!

Very true

I am sure GagState will find a way to include the HS playoff attendance in their annual home attendance totals. LOL Seriously they do not have KSU nor us at home so their attendance numbers (particularly after last season) will likely be even more pathetic than previous years. Appy and Army will probably bring larger attendance than other opponents, but will not approach ours or KSU's numbers. The HS finals could very well out draw their regular season games by a large margin.