Default CFB - Matt Millerís Way Too Early Big Board / Vildor sighting

Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Default Re: CFB - Matt Millerís Way Too Early Big Board / Vildor sighting

With the way the past year went, I might call Brinson a bigger sleeper than Vildor.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    With the way the past year went, I might call Brinson a bigger sleeper than Vildor.
    Agree. After his sophomore season, QBs stopped throwing Brinson's way, and that gave Vildor a greater opportunity to show his value last year.

I'm willing to bet most of our targets will be between the hashes this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post
    Agree. After his sophomore season, QBs stopped throwing Brinson's way, and that gave Vildor a greater opportunity to show his value last year.

Yep. We have two good ones. I was thinking about the fact that Vildor’s been getting a lot of attention over the past year, so Brinson is now the one flying under the radar.

I honestly don’t know which one is better.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyGS View Post

Absolutely agree, I wish MAN-MAN would get more recognition, because he is that good.
    I can remember some mistakes KV made that cost us.
    It seems opposing Teams would rather throw to KV's side, because they sure aren't throwing to MB's side much
    (and to be honest in the ULM game we looked lost on our coverage ALL OVER)

Don't get me wrong I agree that KV is very good and we are fortunate to have such good CB's, I just wish they both got the PR they deserve
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I think I’ve seen more freakish athletic stuff out of Brinson. I mean, a couple of those INT returns on which he made people miss and jumped over guys? Some of the break-ups he’s had against big receivers? Damn. I’m not sure he’s as consistently tight in coverage as Vildor seems to be, though.

The real question is what happens to my all-time GS two-deep at CB after 2019.

If I have to choose three between Brinson, Vildor, Earthwind, and Kiwaukee, I’ll be sweating.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Something not to be forgotten with these two excelling over the past couple of years is the impact Jeremy Rowell and Cory Peoples have had on them and other DBs.

But Troy fans said Rowell was terrible.

Lol.

I think Iíve seen more freakish athletic stuff out of Brinson. I mean, a couple of those INT returns on which he made people miss and jumped over guys? Some of the break-ups heís had against big receivers? Damn. Iím not sure heís as consistently tight in coverage as Vildor seems to be, though.

The real question is what happens to my all-time GS two-deep at CB after 2019.

If I have to choose three between Brinson, Vildor, Earthwind, and Kiwaukee, Iíll be sweating.
    Just from recollection, with no true stats to support it, my impression has been that Brinson has been stronger in run support (getting off blocks and making tackles) and Vildor has been stronger in pass coverage.

Not to say either has a weakness, but they compliment each other pretty well.