1. Default GS Golf to the Stanford Regional

As 10th seed of the 13 teams

Default Re: GS Golf to the Stanford Regional

Nice
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Congrats on the at large bid.

Get After Those Albatros'
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 1st May 2019 at 08:53 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The State of Ga is well represented in the NCAA regionals with GS, Augusta, GT, and ThUGA playing. I also noticed two ULM and Coastal players playing as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    The State of Ga is well represented in the NCAA regionals with GS, Augusta, GT, and ThUGA playing. I also noticed two ULM and Coastal players playing as individuals.
    Those teams have seeds of 2 (GT), 3(UGA), 10 (GS) and 12 (Augusta)... So why can't they all be in the Athens regional, or at least somewhere remotely close to home? Oregon St. and Cal St. Fullerton are the 10 and 11 seeds in Myrtle Beach. Nevada is the 9-seed in Athens.

I will never understand how the NCAA continually gets everything wrong.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

I hope the team plays well next week. They should be used to this level of competiton. I compared the list teams in the regionals vs our schedule and we played tournaments against 28 of the approx 81 teams in the regionals (34%) this season.... and played against a couple of them in multiple tournaments. We held our own against them overall. I don't know how this compares against the SOS of other teams, but it has to help our guys confidence knowing we have seen the opponents before and finished ahead of many.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Those teams have seeds of 2 (GT), 3(UGA), 10 (GS) and 12 (Augusta)... So why can't they all be in the Athens regional, or at least somewhere remotely close to home? Oregon St. and Cal St. Fullerton are the 10 and 11 seeds in Myrtle Beach. Nevada is the 9-seed in Athens.

The committee uses an "S-curve" procedure for assigning teams to regionals. It ranks all teams and then assigns as below:

Region A Region B Region C Region D Region E Region F
    Team 1 Team 2 Team 3 Team 4 Team 5 Team 6
    Team 12 Team 11 Team 10 Team 9 Team 8 Team 7
    Team 13 Team 14 Team 15 Team 16 Team 17 Team 18

The main purpose of this is to keep the average team ranking for the regional fields as equal as possible. That has become more important than geographic proximity and travel cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post

They do what suits them. Logic is not a factor.

I lost all respect for the organization many years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    The committee uses an "S-curve" procedure for assigning teams to regionals. It ranks all teams and then assigns as below:

Region A Region B Region C Region D Region E Region F
    Team 1 Team 2 Team 3 Team 4 Team 5 Team 6
    Team 12 Team 11 Team 10 Team 9 Team 8 Team 7
    Team 13 Team 14 Team 15 Team 16 Team 17 Team 18

The main purpose of this is to keep the average team ranking for the regional fields as equal as possible. That has become more important than geographic proximity and travel cost.
    I get that, but I think there’s room to accommodate for proximity without making the regionals uneven. That S-curve is a good model for ensuring evenness. But evenness is much more important in head-to-head matchups. I can see the need to make sure that the competitiveness of all the 7/10 matchups are equal in the basketball tournament, but I think that shifting similar seeded teams across regionals for the sake of easier travel (and possibly increased attendance) is worth a slight imbalance of overall talent when it’s a 13-team field where everyone is playing against the course more than any one school.

NM