TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: More Transfer Portal fun.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Looks like UF is losing a 2019 recruit to transfer before the season even starts. Early enrollee QB Jones is in the portal according to SaturdayDownSouth. Enrolled early and played in spring game, but is now leaving.

    This is getting ridiculous. Entitled elite athletes that are afraid of competing and working harder if they don't immediately start.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  2. #2

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Looks like UF is losing a 2019 recruit to transfer before the season even starts. Early enrollee QB Jones is in the portal according to SaturdayDownSouth. Enrolled early and played in spring game, but is now leaving.

    This is getting ridiculous. Entitled elite athletes that are afraid of competing and working harder if they don't immediately start.

    we are raising kids based off of instant gratification.

  3. Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    It’s not the players’ fault.

    It’s the fact that the NCAA is such a mess.

    Some people transfer and play immediately. Some don’t.

    When everyone used to have to sit out a full year no matter what, the decision was harder. Now, it’s all about “make me a starter, or I find some other school that will.”

    If the NCAA wants to fix this, they need to make transfers sit out a year AND lose a full year of eligibility.

    Schools put a whole lot of effort into recruiting these guys and looking after academics, etc. The NCAA needs to protect that investment. And then transfers screw with APR and depth. No loyalty anymore.

    Make the transfer decision harder.

  4. Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    we are raising kids based off of instant gratification.
    What we’re seeing is the system correcting itself. P5 coaches get the top talent by promising them the spotlight but then they end up with 2 or 3 players in the same position who were all promised the spotlight. These guys realize their situation and decide it’s better for their college career to go to a lower level P5 or G5 which is probably what they should have done in the first place. It ends up being better for the non-elites in the long run.

  5. Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    What we’re seeing is the system correcting itself. P5 coaches get the top talent by promising them the spotlight but then they end up with 2 or 3 players in the same position who were all promised the spotlight. These guys realize their situation and decide it’s better for their college career to go to a lower level P5 or G5 which is probably what they should have done in the first place. It ends up being better for the non-elites in the long run.

    I hope so.....

    I'm mainly worried about how all this will affect APR.

  6. #6

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Troy lost their starting QB Sawyer Smith to transfer. That makes that game easier. They have no lost multiple starters to transfer from 2018.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,140

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Troy lost their starting QB Sawyer Smith to transfer. That makes that game easier. They have no lost multiple starters to transfer from 2018.
    Barker was a better QB, although Smith wasn't bad.

    They lost a corner as well, even if he wasn't a starter.

    We have yet to lose anyone that really hurts, although I wish Bush had stuck around to provide quality depth at DT. We haven't lost multiple starters either....and yes I'm thinking of Rogers and Bargnare. Even if they were starters every game they played in, we put a lot of other guys out there as well.

    We've also benefited from quality guys transferring in and may get another great pickup if Feaster comes here.


  8. #8

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Barker is coming off a major knee injury. And he’s a senior. Doubt he was taking back the job from the junior Barker.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,140

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Barker is coming off a major knee injury. And he’s a senior. Doubt he was taking back the job from the junior Barker.
    Sawyer only got the job because Barker got injured.


  10. #10

    Default Re: More Transfer Portal fun.....

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Sawyer only got the job because Barker got injured.
    Agreed. Barker was head and shoulders better and Sawyer knows this

Similar Threads

  1. Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal
    By GATA2020 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 15th May 2019, 06:08 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st May 2019, 01:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •