TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=vJY6C_Imiqk

For a guy who came out of high school touted as a track star, Feaster doesn’t look like one in his 2018 film (the difference between him and Etienne against us was palpable). He doesn’t break big plays in the film I link above.

He’s mostly a one-cut runner who’s not particularly explosive on that cut or in accelerating through inside holes.

However, he has very good leg drive and is a handful to tackle. Only multiple back-end defenders seem to bring him down cleanly once he gets five+ yards past the LoS. That’s a huge benefit in an offense like ours, in which finishing those runs strongly can be the difference between a first down and 4th-and-short.

I think he’d be a great fit for us if King is ineligible. In fact, he looks (superficially) a lot like King, and—similarly—much of his presumed value for us would be his physicality vs SBC LBs and Safeties.

IMO, Feaster could give us tough yards inside while providing a viable pitch back and outlet receiver. That plus the possibility that he still runs well enough to score from anywhere on the field is what likely makes him more versatile than Logan Wright. Feaster would be a good Fields replacement, I think; stronger at the end of the run, but probably less slick/explosive/elusive in his cuts on the outside. He can do the things Ramsby did for us.

He probably wouldn’t supplant Evans, but I still don’t want him at App.

He would have been a second-half nightmare in Satterfield’s offense.
    He reminds me a lot of Ramsby how he just hammers into the line and expects his legs to carry him 6-7 yards. Ramsby's lower body power came in handy especially in the red zone. Feaster could easily take up that role.

It's funny to watch the footage against us and it takes 3 of our guys to pull him down. lol

2. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Feaster with almost almost 6YPC the last 3 years and projected to be top 10 fastest players going into 2019 and @220lbs. Ranked second in Clemson history on YPC..hard to believe you don't start with those numbers. That shows just how good Etienne really is. Wherever he goes his numbers will be BIG

3. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Does anyone know when his final decision will be made? If he wants to play in the fall, it seems like he would want to get on campus ASAP

Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Does anyone know when his final decision will be made? If he wants to play in the fall, it seems like he would want to get on campus ASAP
    I have no clue. We'll all have a close watch on his decision though. If he came to us, that would be big.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I don't think Feaster will get the meaningful reps he wants at either UNC or App.

If he has one season of eligibility left and he wants to maximize his stats and film for the NFL, I think our offense would be his best bet to do that.

The only thing Tennessee has on us is the P5 crowds and the media attention, but that all depends on how successful they will be this year. If he transfers there, and they have another losing season, all that P5 jazz will be moot.
    If he has only one season left he will not be taking our QBs place, but he could sub or gain a first string RB position after 4 games.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    If he has only one season left he will not be taking our QBs place, but he could sub or gain a first string RB position after 4 games.
    He's not a QB, he's a RB.

He'd see significant time at RB here. If you're only getting him for a year anyway, you're not "saving" him.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 1st May 2019 at 03:15 PM.

7. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    It's confirmed that the former 5-Star RB is transferring from Clemson and won't be returning. Rumor on Twitter is that he has interest in 4 teams: UNC, UTK, Georgia Southern, and App State. Thoughts?
    Dont mean to be dense but who is UTK?

8. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    University of Tennessee - Knoxville

9. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    Greatest university in the land of the fiercely independent.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops