TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Default Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

It's confirmed that the former 5-Star RB is transferring from Clemson and won't be returning. Rumor on Twitter is that he has interest in 4 teams: UNC, UTK, Georgia Southern, and App State. Thoughts?

Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Sign him up!

Local press release last week from Coach Swinney confirmed he was transferring, and that he was on course to graduate this summer so would be immediately eligible.

4. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

Hope those trips Lunsford took up to Clemson to see his buddy will come through

If JD King doesn't get a waiver to play, I would think he'd get the most snaps with us. Love Logan Wright, but Feaster is more in the mold of what I think DeBesse likes to have at RB, and of course I'm betting we'd prefer to have Kennedy play slot if possible.

UNC is probably set at running back. Tennessee could definitely use him, at least from what I can see. If I were betting I'd guess he ends up there.

Don't think he'll go to App.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If JD King doesn't get a waiver to play, I would think he'd get the most snaps with us. Love Logan Wright, but Feaster is more in the mold of what I think DeBesse likes to have at RB, and of course I'm betting we'd prefer to have Kennedy play slot if possible.

UNC is probably set at running back. Tennessee could definitely use him, at least from what I can see. If I were betting I'd guess he ends up there.

Don't think he'll go to App.
    If he comes to us, great. If not, I hope to God he doesn't go to App.

If he wants to put up some stats as an RB, we make the most sense. App would have been a good choice previously but they are going to be less of a run based team like they have been.

I’m not TOO worried about App. Darryton Evans is already really good and potentially a big-time difference maker. If they intend to be a more “conventional” passing team, I’m not sure Feaster makes them THAT much better. He only takes carries away from a more explosive back.

He could definitely help us, and with Cunningham, Walker, and probably (?) King out of the picture, I’m not as concerned about Feaster blocking a younger back’s progress.

He would presumably pick up much of Fields’s slack, with LaRoche getting Garrett’s reps and Wright giving us an expanded version of what he did last season (great blocker and potentially an McQuarley-type TD machine). Kennedy would continue in his down-the-stretch role as a slot/RB.

Green and Daniels would be the only players to lose snaps, I would think, as well as probably the slots behind Kennedy.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

8. Default Re: Tavien Feaster Entering Transfer Portal

I don't think Feaster will get the meaningful reps he wants at either UNC or App.

If he has one season of eligibility left and he wants to maximize his stats and film for the NFL, I think our offense would be his best bet to do that.

The only thing Tennessee has on us is the P5 crowds and the media attention, but that all depends on how successful they will be this year. If he transfers there, and they have another losing season, all that P5 jazz will be moot.

GS having two RB's in the NFL and another going to rookie tryouts helps.

For a guy who came out of high school touted as a track star, Feaster doesn’t look like one in his 2018 film (the difference between him and Etienne against us was palpable). He doesn’t break big plays in the film I link above.

He’s mostly a one-cut runner who’s not particularly explosive on that cut or in accelerating through inside holes.

However, he has very good leg drive and is a handful to tackle. Only multiple back-end defenders seem to bring him down cleanly once he gets five+ yards past the LoS. That’s a huge benefit in an offense like ours, in which finishing those runs strongly can be the difference between a first down and 4th-and-short.

I think he’d be a great fit for us if King is ineligible. In fact, he looks (superficially) a lot like King, and—similarly—much of his presumed value for us would be his physicality vs SBC LBs and Safeties.

IMO, Feaster could give us tough yards inside while providing a viable pitch back and outlet receiver. That plus the possibility that he still runs well enough to score from anywhere on the field is what likely makes him more versatile than Logan Wright. Feaster would be a good Fields replacement, I think; stronger at the end of the run, but probably less slick/explosive/elusive in his cuts on the outside. He can do the things Ramsby did for us.

He probably wouldn’t supplant Evans, but I still don’t want him at App.

He would have been a second-half nightmare in Satterfield’s offense.
    Last edited by pete4256; 1st May 2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops