TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Menís Golf - SBC Championship

Default Re: Menís Golf - SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    2 men enter 1 man leave cage match.
    Loser leave town “I quit” match
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Fisk is a Senior and will be obviously be missed next season. When you look at the roster next season looks pretty bright. The tournament roster this week consisted of 1 senior (Fisk), 2 juniors, and 2 freshmen. We have three underclassmen who did not play in the SB tournament who all had top 10 finishes this season. This is a very talented and young team with a bright future.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    We ended up with as good a scenario as we could have asked for entering the final round of stroke play. Finishing on top is great and all, but it's kind of meaningless when a four-team match play decides the ultimate winner. We got the best draw as Arkansas State was easily the highest ranked SBC team this season and CCU was the only other school besides Arky and us that is ranked in the top 70. ULM, USA and Little Rock were all ranked in the 90s. None of them would have been an easy draw, but all are preferable to CCU and Arkansas State.
    Our stroke play win is not really meaningless. Going into the tournament we were outside the projected cut line for at-large bids to the NCAA regionals. Our win will probably move us inside that cut line. I hope we don't have to depend on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    Our stroke play win is not really meaningless. Going into the tournament we were outside the projected cut line for at-large bids to the NCAA regionals. Our win will probably move us inside that cut line. I hope we don't have to depend on that though.
    Youíre right in regard to making a regional as an at-large. My point was just that - since no objectively weak teams lucked into the top four - itís pretty much a crap shoot now that we switch to match play.

Every man for himself and no one guy can save us by going extremely low.

Does winning the first match play do anything for our at-large chances?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Does winning the first match play do anything for our at-large chances?
    I think weíve done everything we can in terms of earning an at-large.

Latest rankings have ULM at 98. Wouldnít be a devastating blow if we lost to them, but it wouldnít be something to put us over the top if we won. Last year we had a similar season and beat an Arkansas State team in the semis that was much better than ULM, but got frozen out.

I think it helps our case much more that we had a convincing stroke play win over Arkansas AState (38) and CCU (66). We have three tournament wins and three or four individual medalist wins while playing one of our more difficult schedules in recent years.

Fisk is in either way. He broke Jodie Mudds record for wins. Very impressive tournament. That triple on 18 to finish round one got him fired up, he rebounds with 61 and 66 and wins in playoff. Never seen a time where a 67 didn’t count out if 5 scores. That’s dang good golf by those guys. Need to win the title today and leave no doubt.

Anyone follow men's golf on social media (Instagram specifically). Fisk has a very unique swing, if he makes it pro I can see that getting him attention ala Furyk or Choi.

Swing your swing young man.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Anyone follow men's golf on social media (Instagram specifically). Fisk has a very unique swing, if he makes it pro I can see that getting him attention ala Furyk or Choi.

Swing your swing young man.
    PowerEagle, one could say you and I have "unique", interesting swings too(smile).