TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Compared to some Belt teams, 4 isn’t that many
    More than 4. Bargnare, Ford, Rogers, Bush, Johnson just off the top of my head.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I donít see any of the guys we lost contributing anytime soon or if ever. We have lost a couple of wideouts over the past seasons that could have contributed but they would be in limited roles. If buried in the depth chart and the talent ahead is much better it becomes difficult to get up for 6 am drills and lifting. Move on to a program that can use you and make room for somebody else to come in and compete. Hopefully these guys are leaving in good academic standing so they donít drag our APR down.
    +1, in modern day football, lots of kids are picking up and getting out of Dodge. It's not unique to GS.

If Werts, Kennedy and JohnsonII all packed up, I'd say something is rotten in Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    More than 4. Bargnare, Ford, Rogers, Bush, Johnson just off the top of my head.
    Not all are transferring. Some just left the team for one reason or another.

Over the past year, we’ve lost Ford, Rogers, Bush, Johnson, Cunningham, Henry, Glenn, Washington, McConnell (can’t remember the date for him), Bryce Cross, and possibly others as transfers. That’s ten players (off the top of MY head).

We’ve lost Lofton, Bargnare, Tre Adams, and probably others because they quit or were dismissed.

Anyway, losing ten scholarship players to transfer in less than a year seems to be uncharted territory for us and a cause for some concern. How will this affect APR? Losing so many gambles on talented athletes with academic and citizenship deficiencies between 1997 and 2009 came home to roost and almost derailed the program for good.

The only place on the field I’m worried about due to the current transfers is WR (including slot). Having Bush back would have been nice, too.
    Last edited by pete4256; 24th April 2019 at 11:37 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    If Werts, Kennedy and JohnsonII all packed up, I'd say something is rotten in Denmark.
    Hush, devil.

Kennedy had me worried this past mid-season. I didn’t hear much about rumbling after Bargnare left and Wesley started getting reps at RB, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, in modern day football, lots of kids are picking up and getting out of Dodge. It's not unique to GS.
    The NCAA will have to consider how this affects APR.

If a guy leaves for more playing time, that doesn’t mean we weren’t providing him with enough academic support.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

7. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    The NCAA will have to consider how this affects APR.

If a guy leaves for more playing time, that doesn’t mean we weren’t providing him with enough academic support.
    Maybe they will take pity and issue that waiver for King.....

Unlikely, I know.... But doesnít hurt to wish...

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Not all are transferring. Some just left the team for one reason or another.

Over the past year, we’ve lost Ford, Rogers, Bush, Johnson, Cunningham, Henry, Glenn, Washington, McConnell (can’t remember the date for him), Bryce Cross, and possibly others as transfers. That’s ten players (off the top of MY head).

We’ve lost Lofton, Bargnare, Tre Adams, and probably others because they quit or were dismissed.

Anyway, losing ten scholarship players to transfer in less than a year seems to be uncharted territory for us and a cause for some concern. How will this affect APR? Losing so many gambles on talented athletes with academic and citizenship deficiencies between 1997 and 2009 came home to roost and almost derailed the program for good.

The only place on the field I’m worried about due to the current transfers is WR (including slot). Having Bush back would have been nice, too.
    Bargnare wasn’t kicked off the team, was he?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Bargnare wasn’t kicked off the team, was he?
    It was reported as a "mutual" decision to no longer be on the team IIRC.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

For perspective, we have 4 guys in the portal (Cunningham, Bush, Washington, Johnson).

App has 5 guys (including the backup QB we faced). South Alabama has 8. Coastal Carolina has 10. Probably not a coincidence us and those other 3 teams all either have first or second-year head coaches.

Welcome to the new college football. At least these guys are freeing up scholarships.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.