TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

1. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post

Grant Walker out. Maybe the Clemson guy does have a spot here.
    OK.....

I think itís time to start trying to understand why all these transfers are happening.

I sure hope we donít have a problem.

This is not normal. This level of transfers cannot continue

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Still seven RB's on the roster and four slots. Transfers are happening because guys can't even scratch the three deep with sophomores at the 1 and 2, and transfer rules are the most lax they've ever been.

We are losing way too many players to transfer.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Still seven RB's on the roster and four slots. Transfers are happening because guys can't even scratch the three deep with sophomores at the 1 and 2, and transfer rules are the most lax they've ever been.
    It's hard not to be a bit concerned, but just listen to sports news around the country, the transfer portal is a new thing, making the process easier and/or more public and it's all over the news lately. I think it's a widespread issue and not indicative of any real GS-specific issue.

Alabama has seven in the transfer portal now. They must be folding up the program.

6. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    It's hard not to be a bit concerned, but just listen to sports news around the country, the transfer portal is a new thing, making the process easier and/or more public and it's all over the news lately. I think it's a widespread issue and not indicative of any real GS-specific issue.
    I guess.

Itís just a lot more dangerous to us at this stage than it is to larger teams with more depth and all sorts of options to replace these guys.

GS is just like every other team in that having players on the roster doesn't necessarily mean having depth. More often than not there's the one and two, then a pretty good drop to several who could be three. At the RB position, GS has three our four guys who could just about be number one. The main difference between teams like GS and the larger teams is that their threes and fours could maybe be ones and twos at smaller schools but considering their level of competition they're not any better off. Might want to wait to see where these guys are transferring to before thinking GS is losing future HOFers or something. I'd say so far yeah it might look like losing a finger which is bad until you realize it was the pinky which really is the one you can most afford to lose.

8. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I guess.

Itís just a lot more dangerous to us at this stage than it is to larger teams with more depth and all sorts of options to replace these guys.
    Yeah it's going to be really hard to replace all of these guys that were 6th or 7th on the depth chart and never going to play

Bagnare and Rogers started last season.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Not sure that we're great at back, but we're definitely a mile deep. Even if JD King sits you've got Kennedy, Wright, Laroche, and Green is at least serviceable and maybe more.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.