TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We ran flex TWICE in that game. IT’S IN THE ****ING PLAYBOOK.

My vote is more flex in 2019. That would ease your concerns about TE, wouldn’t it?

If you don’t agree with that logic, you don’t understand what I’m saying.

IF WE GET RAVAGED BY INJURIES and needed to run more flex then yes it’s absolutely already in the playbook. I’ve never once said it isn’t so I don’t know why you are trying to create yet another fake argument.

The thing you are obviously missing about all of this is the RAVAGED BY INJURIES part. You are acting like I’m saying as it stands right now we need to do all of this from the first snap of 2019 when I have never once said that. Hell I’ve literally gone as far as to say that as it stands right now Debeese has all the weapons he needs at his disposal to run whatever he wants to in 2019.

Because as myself and others have shown you, no we don’t need 4 RB’s to be able to do what DeBeese wants which is run 21 personnel most of the time. We need 3 and we have what appears to be a pretty dang good 3 in Wright-Kennedy-Laroche. That just leaves us no room for injury at RB or Slot unless Green turns out to be really good from day 1. And that just takes us to minimal room for injury.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 8th May 2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

You aren’t stupid—quite the opposite.
    The opposite of that is "You are stupid." Isn't it?

But doesn't the fact that he likes thUGA already prove this point? (smile)

Those aren’t “yes” or “no” questions, but I’ll do my best:

1) Yes; we are better off playing a fourth RB (no matter where he comes from) than coming up with new ways for the slots to carry the ball. If you want the slot to carry the ball, move him to RB.

2) No; DeBesse’s offense has no way to make the slot a consistent and legitimate IZ threat, which is why he plays TWO RB sets more often than not (so the defense has to guess which RB is the dive and which is the pitch). If we’re short of RBs and Thomson or Murray are our best options to pick up the slack as runners, move them to RB. That’s easier than coming up with new ways for the slots to carry the ball.

If we run the same basic offense DeBesse ran in 2018, with the slots doing the same things, then fewer two-back sets means we’ll have to back off from relying so heavily on triple option. That’s not a crazy idea, though. Other teams do it. Ruse did it at GS.

Your very next post contradicts both of your answers.

1. We wouldn’t be coming up with new ways for the slot to carry the ball. In whatever point you have been trying to make you have already proved WE ALREADY HAVE THE FORMATIONS AND PLAYS IN THE PLAYBOOK.

2. Again we wouldn’t be coming up with new ways for the slot to carry the ball as YOU HAVE ALREADY PROVEN.

If we get ravaged by injuries (let’s say Kennedy and Green are unable to play due to injury) then moving Thompson to RB and scrapping the 11 personnel formations is definitely an option. I’ve never once said it isn’t.

I mean according to you if the exact same player has RB by his name instead of Slot in the media guide he’s magically able to run IZ so I guess we need to wave the magic IZ wand over Thomson like we did with Kennedy and go that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I'm just glad to have some actual football discussion going on lol

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    I'm just glad to have some actual football discussion going on lol
    yep, coming off 10-3 season, much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechamp View Post

This tweet was apparently deleted and Cunningham is back on the roster.

Maybe #heback
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    This tweet was apparently deleted and Cunningham is back on the roster.

Maybe #heback
    Awesome, glad to hear it! He is a wise kid, now let’s GATA!

On another note, to hell with UGA and the flex.

That’s awesome if true.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low