TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Martial Washington also transferring. We are razor thin at safety.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Usually guys transfer when stuck lower in the depth chart and they don’t see a lot of playing time ahead. They can go in the transfer portal and be recruited by teams that need help at that position. I think we have a coupl e of guys like that on our roster now. Hard to generalize transfers though as kids these days like to move around. But, I don’t think any of the guys transferring were going to be major contributors this year. I saw Cunningham as very tentative when running so will need more time. GS doesn’t have time at that position, we have to have guys ready to go now or move on and get someone else. If the NCAA denies King, then there is a basis for a class action lawsuit as he has as legitimate a reason to transfer as Martel or Fields and the only reason he would be denied is where he is transferring to. That should be wrong and illegal on the basis of discrimination. I would think with the deep pockets of the NCAA some national law firm would love the opportunity to go after that organization. Just my opinion.

3. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Usually guys transfer when stuck lower in the depth chart and they donít see a lot of playing time ahead. They can go in the transfer portal and be recruited by teams that need help at that position. I think we have a coupl e of guys like that on our roster now. Hard to generalize transfers though as kids these days like to move around. But, I donít think any of the guys transferring were going to be major contributors this year. I saw Cunningham as very tentative when running so will need more time. GS doesnít have time at that position, we have to have guys ready to go now or move on and get someone else. If the NCAA denies King, then there is a basis for a class action lawsuit as he has as legitimate a reason to transfer as Martel or Fields and the only reason he would be denied is where he is transferring to. That should be wrong and illegal on the basis of discrimination. I would think with the deep pockets of the NCAA some national law firm would love the opportunity to go after that organization. Just my opinion.
    The NCAA needs to be spammed for many reasons.

They donít even attempt to maintain appearances anymore. Itís all about which school has more money. Big money schools quite literally get away with murder.

King should have said he thought he heard mean words over at OSU. Sure worked for Fields.

Mean words. Thatís the ticket these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Martial Washington also transferring. We are razor thin at safety.
    We have plenty of scholarship players to pick up the slack. They are young, though.

Washington was at best the third-string FS, so there's no reason to panic.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

They don’t even attempt to maintain appearances anymore. It’s all about which school has more money. Big money schools quite literally get away with murder.

King should have said he thought he heard mean words over at OSU. Sure worked for Fields.

Mean words. That’s the ticket these days.
    I couldn't have said this better myself. My thoughts to a tee!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

They don’t even attempt to maintain appearances anymore. It’s all about which school has more money. Big money schools quite literally get away with murder.

Mean words. That’s the ticket these days.
    Agreed, Country

Josh Johnson transferred. Why are we losing so many players?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

8. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

This is happening all across college football now.

The NCAA opened the floodgates by issuing so many waivers.

Maybe most of these guys wonít get a waiver, but the perception is that itís more likely these days

9. Default Re: Andrew Cunningham Leaving

Compared to some Belt teams, 4 isn’t that many

I don’t see any of the guys we lost contributing anytime soon or if ever. We have lost a couple of wideouts over the past seasons that could have contributed but they would be in limited roles. If buried in the depth chart and the talent ahead is much better it becomes difficult to get up for 6 am drills and lifting. Move on to a program that can use you and make room for somebody else to come in and compete. Hopefully these guys are leaving in good academic standing so they don’t drag our APR down.