TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yep, he’s not going to schedule us but it’s not because he’s afraid of anything. Go look at UGA’s future OOC schedule and then tell me Kirby Smart is scared to play Ga Southern. He’s got Notre Dame, Oregon, Clemson, Florida St, Texas, and UCLA on the future schedules (and every one of those includes a game at those teams home stadium) but he’s going to “**** his pants” if he has to play Ga Southern. Okayyyyyyyyyy
    Don't disagree with you, but why does it not make sense for us to play them? It's a day trip for us so we don't have to charge them as much to cover travel.

I think Kirby doesn't want to play us for the same reason Nick Saban doesn't want to.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 12th April 2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Don't disagree with you, but why does it not make sense for us to play them? It's a day trip for us so we don't have to charge them as much to cover travel.

I think Kirby doesn't want to play us for the same reason Nick Saban doesn't want to.

I said it doesn’t make sense in this exact situation. We should NEVER cancel a FCS game to take an almost guaranteed P5 loss. I don’t care who the opponent is. It makes all the sense in the world for us to schedule them in a normal schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

lol. Cancel an FCS game. One game is never going to be the difference in making a bowl with a competent coach. Guaranteed loss like last time, huh. SEC refs and the “inadvertent” whistle.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    lol. Cancel an FCS game. One game is never going to be the difference in making a bowl with a competent coach. Guaranteed loss like last time, huh. SEC refs and the “inadvertent” whistle.
    I don’t talk to known welchers

Well 'skins, you are going to give me crap each and every time that UGA wins and GSU doesn't nomatter what I do. Same crap you always spew about how I want UGA to win and want GSU to lose. So if I have to listen to it, I might as well take your money in the process. $100 says UGA's basketball team will have more wins than GSU's basketball team in the 2010-2011 season.
    So are we on or what?

Couldn't get you to shut up until I said that I would take the bet. Then you are nowhere to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    Yep. It's on.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I like Lord Saban or Darth Saban better.
    Wait a minute....Lord Saban and Darth Kirby kinda rolls off the tongue.
    I like that concept, but Sith Lords don't wear tennis hats from 1978.

(Even those who bow to the dark side have better fashion sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Not afraid. But he wants a cupcake. And aren’t a cupcake.
    Has nothing to do with cupcakes. Has everything to do with IN STATE G5 team.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Here's the way I see it. After we beat the Gophers this year they will want a rematch, but they have to come to Paulson if they want one.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Should make no difference what our expenses are. UGA should pay us the same price they pay teams like App State instead of short changing us. That money stays in state as well for what thats worth.

If not, I'll take somebody else. Seems they way under cut our pay anyway versus what our actual expenses are to travel to most p5 games we've had.

When we win like Boise and UCF (as of late) we can rattle their cage for a rematch if we want. Till then, I don't care about them. Other than hoping they lose every time they take the field and that they get busted for a violation and get the death penalty! Or at least a TV and post season ban for a few years.

We've just got to take care of us and Our House. Win, pack the house, sell out our games and expand Paulson to a size that easily supports getting some P5s to travel here. Make it a semi normal thing, but with the likes of a Minnesota etc. Win this one and give them a shot at redemption in Statesboro. That's the only way Id agree
    To play Florida again.

If we get back to consistently having high win percentages and conference title/bowl wins we will be alright. UGA dropping off would be miracle grow.

9. Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Now that GT is moving away from option football, there really is zero reason UGA would want us on the schedule. The only time we play UGA in the future with under their current administration will be in a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Now that GT is moving away from option football, there really is zero reason UGA would want us on the schedule. The only time we play UGA in the future with under their current administration will be in a bowl game.
    And with no SEC V/S SBC tie in bowls, the only shot is the Access Bowl.