TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Doesn’t make sense for either team.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Miami has 5 months to schedule a game. UGA has 4 years to fill their schedule.

They’re not coming to Paulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Miami. A team with way more prestige than thUGA. National titles for days.
    This is a valid point. The stigma associated with being in the SEC is ridiculous.

4. Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    It’s more that Smart if following Daddy Saban’s philosophy of pretending in-State G5 teams don’t exist.
    I’m inclined to believe that theory above all (not limiting it to G5’s) since they are not scheduling Mercer, KSU and State but do have other SB and SoCon programs on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    This is a valid point. The stigma associated with being in the SEC is ridiculous.
    Did you watch March Madness? Auburn fans started to chant "SEC!! SEC!!" after their wins. Not "War Eagle," not "Go Tigers" nothing related to their school. Oh and by the way, take away Alabama and how strong is the SEC? It's one team carrying the whole conference yet others take pride in their conference rivals winning, when they have not even played in a playoff game.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Did you watch March Madness? Auburn fans started to chant "SEC!! SEC!!" after their wins. Not "War Eagle," not "Go Tigers" nothing related to their school. Oh and by the way, take away Alabama and how strong is the SEC? It's one team carrying the whole conference yet others take pride in their conference rivals winning, when they have not even played in a playoff game.
    UGA has played in two actually. I think they're the only other SEC to be in the playoff though.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    UGA has played in two actually. I think they're the only other SEC to be in the playoff though.
    And that's only a recent trend under Kirby.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I’m inclined to believe that theory above all (not limiting it to G5’s) since they are not scheduling Mercer, KSU and State but do have other SB and SoCon programs on the schedule.
    I think the only non-GT in state team we will see on any of their future schedules is Mercer.

9. Default Re: Schedule game with UGA in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I think the only non-GT in state team we will see on any of their future schedules is Mercer.
    Probably.

Mercer Teddy Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    You're insane if you think that ANY Auburn fan would take pride in any University of Alabama team, or any other "rival" team for that matter, winning anything besides a biggest loser contest. Secondly, the only reason they're chanting "SEC", is because historically the basketball world has been dominated by the ACC.