TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Any particular reason besides "because not flexbone"?

What's our record against the spread in P5 games since becoming FBS again? I believe it's 6-1 with the only miss being a game with the starting QB suspended.
    I'm not sure what beating the spread has to do with us actually winning the game...I mean...we beat the spread against Clemson, I'm sure.. but the game was over from the first snap. It was never in doubt.

I think the current goal is to be dominant in our conference. App has donors and alumni who have really supported their program the last 15 years.

This is an interesting season coming up. If the O Line come together it could be special again. I won't throw in the towel if we finish 7-5 with close losses on the road in conference. Hope we do better. 2020 I expect conference title.

Lots of winning will happen in 2020 😁

2020 sets up well, but there isn’t a reason not to win the conference this season. Appy and Troy entire new coaching staffs.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'm not sure what beating the spread has to do with us actually winning the game...I mean...we beat the spread against Clemson, I'm sure.. but the game was over from the first snap. It was never in doubt.
    Minnesota ain't Clemson. We'll have a shot at them unless we just really play badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    It shows that the computers systematically underestimate how we do against Power 5 teams. If a team is a 10-15 point favorite, then, well, do the math.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

How sweet it would be for the Eagles to run all over Fleck’s Gopher’s the way we did to his Broncos in Paulson. I feel like he believed that game was a major stain on his resume, and In Fleck’s mind he avenged that loss when the Eagles traveled to their place. Now that he’s moved on to “greener pastures”, I just think it would be pure poetry to haunt his dreams again...

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    How sweet it would be for the Eagles to run all over Fleck’s Gopher’s the way we did to his Broncos in Paulson. I feel like he believed that game was a major stain on his resume, and In Fleck’s mind he avenged that loss when the Eagles traveled to their place. Now that he’s moved on to “greener pastures”, I just think it would be pure poetry to haunt his dreams again...
    +1. It will be fun to see how we perform at LSU and then at home vs Maine. If we look good in those and stay healthy we will give the gophers a game.

8. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1. It will be fun to see how we perform at LSU and then at home vs Maine. If we look good in those and stay healthy we will give the gophers a game.
    To me, the Maine game will tell us a lot. Maine is a solid football team. They went 10-4 last year including a win at FBS Western Kentucky and made it all the way to the quarter finals. If we beat them by more than 10 points. I won't be worried about any of our other home games.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    To me, the Maine game will tell us a lot. Maine is a solid football team. They went 10-4 last year including a win at FBS Western Kentucky and made it all the way to the quarter finals. If we beat them by more than 10 points. I won't be worried about any of our other home games.

Let’s throw a little context in there....they won by 3 to a WKU team that finished 3-9 and was 1-9 through 10 games. They fired their coach after only 2 seasons. Probably not quite as extreme but this would be very similar to somebody being worried about NHU last year because they beat 2-10 Ga Southern the year before.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

What, people think we should easily beat one of last year's FCS semi-finalists who returns their QB, RB, and top 2 receivers? What, do you guys think the FCS is....watered down or something?

IMO, we should probably win by about 20, though it'll take 4 quarters. And if for some reason Shai Werts can't play for all or most of it, it could get scary. They obviously aren't Savannah State or SCSU.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.