TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I’m not saying there is no chance we lose but anybody that is legit worried about Maine obviously thinks that we are going to have a massive regression in year 2 with a coaching staff staying the same and like 14 starters returning. Not sure how anybody expects that but to each his own.
    I'll be optimistic and agree with you Half & Half!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    That's my point. We're not world beaters and that awesome 10-3 season wasn't a dominating performance. The incoming Freshman weren't born the last time we were truly dominant.
    I respect your posts E-Cliff but see it a little different than you.

You are right about GSU being World Beaters at this point, BUT the Gophers have not proven to be World Beaters under HC Fleck either. The Gophers going 6-6 in their second year under HC Fleck and staff makes them a very average P5 team and one that an improved GSU team cam beat!

Fleck is now at Minnesota & is not the Head Coach of Clemson. He does not have the same coaching staff with the same type of players that he use to have.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

As I said go back and look at all their stats not just win/loss

Head Coach Tracy Claeys was the Gophers Head Coach in 2016 with a 9-4 record and a Holiday Bowl vs. Washington State win 17-12)

Under Head Coach Fleck
    In 2018 they were 6-6 in regular season play & won there bowl against GT. .538 win ratio
    In 2017 they were 5-7 with a .480% win ratio.
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Truly dominant?

At what?

FCS??

OK. We were very good at that level, but this is a whole different game. We can become good at the sun belt, and eventually even play in a better conference, but we probably won’t be dominant of FBS anytime soon.

I’m good with that.

Just get back to the level where App is-in the near future. That’s where we should be, that’s where we would be .... if some tennis hat wearing nerd hadn’t dropped a turd in our punch bowl.. (some people conveniently forget how Smart got the state govt to change the way student activity fees work to punish smaller schools. Anyone who thinks we aren’t on his radar is a moron.)

Win like App. I’ll be happy as a polecat.
    Your a good poster JC and I've said that before.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Any particular reason besides "because not flexbone"?

What's our record against the spread in P5 games since becoming FBS again? I believe it's 6-1 with the only miss being a game with the starting QB suspended.
    I'm not sure what beating the spread has to do with us actually winning the game...I mean...we beat the spread against Clemson, I'm sure.. but the game was over from the first snap. It was never in doubt.

I think the current goal is to be dominant in our conference. App has donors and alumni who have really supported their program the last 15 years.

This is an interesting season coming up. If the O Line come together it could be special again. I won't throw in the towel if we finish 7-5 with close losses on the road in conference. Hope we do better. 2020 I expect conference title.

Lots of winning will happen in 2020 😁

2020 sets up well, but there isn’t a reason not to win the conference this season. Appy and Troy entire new coaching staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'm not sure what beating the spread has to do with us actually winning the game...I mean...we beat the spread against Clemson, I'm sure.. but the game was over from the first snap. It was never in doubt.
    Minnesota ain't Clemson. We'll have a shot at them unless we just really play badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    It shows that the computers systematically underestimate how we do against Power 5 teams. If a team is a 10-15 point favorite, then, well, do the math.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

How sweet it would be for the Eagles to run all over Fleck’s Gopher’s the way we did to his Broncos in Paulson. I feel like he believed that game was a major stain on his resume, and In Fleck’s mind he avenged that loss when the Eagles traveled to their place. Now that he’s moved on to “greener pastures”, I just think it would be pure poetry to haunt his dreams again...

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    How sweet it would be for the Eagles to run all over Fleck’s Gopher’s the way we did to his Broncos in Paulson. I feel like he believed that game was a major stain on his resume, and In Fleck’s mind he avenged that loss when the Eagles traveled to their place. Now that he’s moved on to “greener pastures”, I just think it would be pure poetry to haunt his dreams again...
    +1. It will be fun to see how we perform at LSU and then at home vs Maine. If we look good in those and stay healthy we will give the gophers a game.