TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Not even a 1% chance. I am worrying about Maine, not lsu and Minnesota.
    Lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

I have optimism about 2019. I also saw the ball rolling our way in 2018 which could easily have been 7-6.

I actually believe in karma and I believe arrogant energy will be balanced, but GS taking a step back from 10-3 might just be because of a tough schedule against at least 6 teams very capable of beating us on any Saturday and 2-3 others capable at a 30-40% range.

Forget about the backs. How good our O Line is will the difference and we don't have any evidence of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Feel free to worry about Maine, but the two are not mutually exclusive. We could lose to Maine and still have much greater than 1% chance of beating Minnesota. We had some bad losses the year we beat Florida.
    Good observation.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I have optimism about 2019. I also saw the ball rolling our way in 2018 which could easily have been 7-6.

I actually believe in karma and I believe arrogant energy will be balanced, but GS taking a step back from 10-3 might just be because of a tough schedule against at least 6 teams very capable of beating us on any Saturday and 2-3 others capable at a 30-40% range.

Forget about the backs. How good our O Line is will the difference and we don't have any evidence of that yet.
    Not intending to offend you but I don't believe in Karma. Remember GSC and GSU had a lot of arrogant energy under Erk & Johnson. A majority Southern fans believed we could match up with anyone and beat them at any given time & it did under Erk 82% of the time &.Johnson 86% of the time in FCS.

Has our new Head Coach & staff reached the stature of Erk or PJ yet - NO, but going 10-3 in his first year is a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Iím not saying there is no chance we lose but anybody that is legit worried about Maine obviously thinks that we are going to have a massive regression in year 2 with a coaching staff staying the same and like 14 starters returning. Not sure how anybody expects that but to each his own.

Good observation

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Not intending to offend you but I don't believe in Karma. Remember GSC and GSU had a lot of arrogant energy under Erk & Johnson. A majority Southern fans believed we could match up with anyone and beat them at any given time & it did under Erk 82% of the time &.Johnson 86% of the time in FCS.

Has our new Head Coach & staff reached the stature of Erk or PJ yet - NO, but going 10-3 in his first year is a good start!
    That's my point. We're not world beaters and that awesome 10-3 season wasn't a dominating performance. The incoming Freshman weren't born the last time we were truly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I’m not saying there is no chance we lose but anybody that is legit worried about Maine obviously thinks that we are going to have a massive regression in year 2 with a coaching staff staying the same and like 14 starters returning. Not sure how anybody expects that but to each his own.
    I'll be optimistic and agree with you Half & Half!

That's my point. We're not world beaters and that awesome 10-3 season wasn't a dominating performance. The incoming Freshman weren't born the last time we were truly dominant.
    I respect your posts E-Cliff but see it a little different than you.

You are right about GSU being World Beaters at this point, BUT the Gophers have not proven to be World Beaters under HC Fleck either. The Gophers going 6-6 in their second year under HC Fleck and staff makes them a very average P5 team and one that an improved GSU team cam beat!

Fleck is now at Minnesota & is not the Head Coach of Clemson. He does not have the same coaching staff with the same type of players that he use to have.

As I said go back and look at all their stats not just win/loss

Head Coach Tracy Claeys was the Gophers Head Coach in 2016 with a 9-4 record and a Holiday Bowl vs. Washington State win 17-12)

Under Head Coach Fleck
    In 2018 they were 6-6 in regular season play & won there bowl against GT. .538 win ratio
    In 2017 they were 5-7 with a .480% win ratio.

9. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Truly dominant?

At what?

FCS??

OK. We were very good at that level, but this is a whole different game. We can become good at the sun belt, and eventually even play in a better conference, but we probably wonít be dominant of FBS anytime soon.

Iím good with that.

Just get back to the level where App is-in the near future. Thatís where we should be, thatís where we would be .... if some tennis hat wearing nerd hadnít dropped a turd in our punch bowl.. (some people conveniently forget how Smart got the state govt to change the way student activity fees work to punish smaller schools. Anyone who thinks we arenít on his radar is a moron.)

Win like App. Iíll be happy as a polecat.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Truly dominant?

At what?

FCS??

OK. We were very good at that level, but this is a whole different game. We can become good at the sun belt, and eventually even play in a better conference, but we probably won’t be dominant of FBS anytime soon.

I’m good with that.

Just get back to the level where App is-in the near future. That’s where we should be, that’s where we would be .... if some tennis hat wearing nerd hadn’t dropped a turd in our punch bowl.. (some people conveniently forget how Smart got the state govt to change the way student activity fees work to punish smaller schools. Anyone who thinks we aren’t on his radar is a moron.)

Win like App. I’ll be happy as a polecat.
    Your a good poster JC and I've said that before.