TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ence-foes-2019

I guess this coach didn't get the memo that we aren't a contrarian offense anymore and you're only an option offense if you run the flexbone.
    I missed that one, too. Who said that? I’d agree that we’re not AS contrarian as an old-school, top-to-bottom veer-based flexbone scheme, but we’re still atypically triple option-focused and reasonably identified in shorthand as an ‘option’ team. We just approach it with more conventional blocking concepts and formations.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I missed that one, too. Who said that? I’d agree that we’re not AS contrarian as an old-school, top-to-bottom veer-based flexbone scheme, but we’re still atypically triple option-focused and reasonably identified in shorthand as an ‘option’ team. We just approach it with more conventional blocking concepts and formations.
    More than one person has said we can't compete with Power 5s without the flex (Eagle's Cliff basically said that on this very thread).

It comes up when I say our offense is a reason we don't have more attractive non-conference scheduling and also when I mention Power 5s would be hesitant to hire Chad Lunsford if he does well because of the offense.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

More than one person has said we can't compete with Power 5s without the flex (Eagle's Cliff basically said that on this very thread).

It comes up when I say our offense is a reason we don't have more attractive non-conference scheduling and also when I mention Power 5s would be hesitant to hire Chad Lunsford if he does well because of the offense.
    10-4
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

4. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    This thread reminds me a lot of the West Virginia and Indiana pre-season discussions as well as Navy 2015.
    What about 2014 Tech, 2014 NC State, 2015 UGA, 2016 Ole Miss?

From the LSU board - suggestion for Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch

KTTIGER - Friday night dinner at Parrains, Saturday lunch at Chimes, catch the band coming down the hill an hour before the game. Get to the stadium early afternoon. You will enjoy the day and being in the stadium once it cools off. You won't enjoy the score of the game but you already know that. Hope you and OP have a fun visit.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2019 Gopher fall highlight video with some analyses - 3min 49 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIF3B-L7jb4
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

7. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Hey, folks. Your team has a chance against the Gophers. It's a remote chance, but anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    Hey, folks. Your team has a chance against the Gophers. It's a remote chance, but anything can happen.
    But.....I don’t know your name......
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

We play a ton more attractive non conference scheduling now than ever before. Even saban said when bama scheduled us hatcher was the coach and they would have never scheduled us if we ran the option, but monken took over. We run what every g5 runs, only we run it 90% of the time versus 50-75%. We are not sneaking up on any p5s or high level g5s with what we run.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We play a ton more attractive non conference scheduling now than ever before. Even saban said when bama scheduled us hatcher was the coach and they would have never scheduled us if we ran the option, but monken took over. We run what every g5 runs, only we run it 90% of the time versus 50-75%. We are not sneaking up on any p5s or high level g5s with what we run.
    Once again, it's ok to be wrong.