TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 38 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Default And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Gopher's last 4 years under 2 different coaches. Dont say we don't have a better than average chance!

https://main.gopherhole.com/footballhistory

In an earlier post I gave you what a truthful Gopher fan said that goes along with information in the above info.

From a good Gopher fan. It's nice to hear strait talk from an opponent.

"Regarding our teams, sounds like both programs have had a fair amount of turnover on the coaching staffs recently. Our Gophers are really just going into year two of coach Fleck's system. Everything was limited the first season because most of the players were brand new to the system. Last year two freshmen played at QB. Those sophomores are completing for the starting job. The backups will be two true freshmen. With that said, most of us fans are still learning this "new" offense. I am sure that Coach Fleck has only shown a portion of the playbook."
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

We have a punchers chance, so I hope we come out swinging...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

3. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    We have a punchers chance, so I hope we come out swinging...
    If we bring what we brought the first half of that Clemson game, we would win by big numbers.

Talon, Tell them to hurry and approve me

5. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

As I've said in other threads, Minnesota will try and play us like they played Tech. Keeping the ball on the ground behind the largest offensive line in the country, in attempt to keep our offense on the sidelines. I just don't think our defensive line is big enough to really disrupt their ground game, so our offense will likely need to produce points every chance they get to keep us in the game. This is just my opinion on how the game plays out. They are the 2nd toughest team on our schedule, I truly believe that.

Biggest offensive line in the country doesn’t mean much to me. These guys aren’t Wisconsin-type players on the OL.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    If we bring what we brought the first half of that Clemson game, we would win by big numbers.
    Defensively I agree. I don't remember our offense doing diddly squat early on in that game. I don't see either team winning "by big numbers"
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: And some say we really don't have a chance against Gophers

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Biggest offensive line in the country doesn’t mean much to me. These guys aren’t Wisconsin-type players on the OL.
    I will say that Minnesota wasn't particularly good at anything last year. Most of all of their major offensive and defensive stats were in the bottom half of the country. But they played one of the top 3 G5's in the country last year with Fresno State and still beat them (albeit it was close). Given the production they're returning, there's no reason to suspect that Minnesota won't be at least where they were last year.

I'm not saying we don't have a chance, there's always a chance. But I just don't understand where anyone can think this should be considered a toss-up outside of complete homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    2018: Minnesota 37 Wisconsin 15

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I will say that Minnesota wasn't particularly good at anything last year. Most of all of their major offensive and defensive stats were in the bottom half of the country. But they played one of the top 3 G5's in the country last year with Fresno State and still beat them (albeit it was close). Given the production they're returning, there's no reason to suspect that Minnesota won't be at least where they were last year.

I'm not saying we don't have a chance, there's always a chance. But I just don't understand where anyone can think this should be considered a toss-up outside of complete homerism.
    They did beat Fresno (by re-taking the lead with 3 minutes in the game). They also lost to Nebraska, Maryland, and Illinois. They're a 6-6 Power 5 team. I don't think anyone is saying it's a toss-up. More like probably 30-40 percent chance. Not a long shot.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 12th April 2019 at 04:19 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.