TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 77 of 77

Thread: CFN Locker Room Material

  1. #71

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    KJ - What I am is realistic.

    TALON - Then I consider your realistic view of how GSU will do this year as your own realistic negativity. I stated that GSU would go 9-3 or maybe 10-2. I didn't say we would win every game. I would rather believe that last years 10-3 GSU season with a bowl win will lead to a better team this year & I’d rather be over on the W/L record than say a 6-6 or 7-5 record at the beginning of the season.


    By the way KJ, what was your realistic view for GSU's W/L record last year?
    It's perfectly okay for everyone to have their own predictions on wins and losses for the upcoming season. However, I think that it's more fun as a fan and a supporter of the program to have some optimism and faith in the staff/players week-in and week-out.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    It's perfectly okay for everyone to have their own predictions on wins and losses for the upcoming season. However, I think that it's more fun as a fan and a supporter of the program to have some optimism and faith in the staff/players week-in and week-out.

    GATA2020 - "However, I think that it's more fun as a fan and a supporter of the program to have some optimism and faith in the staff/players week-in and week-out"

    Don't mind KJ and I. I like your point about optimism.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    KJ - What I am is realistic.

    TALON - Then I consider your realistic view of how GSU will do this year as your own realistic negativity. I stated that GSU would go 9-3 or maybe 10-2. I didn't say we would win every game. I would rather believe that last years 10-3 GSU season with a bowl win will lead to a better team this year & I’d rather be over on the W/L record than say a 6-6 or 7-5 record at the beginning of the season.

    By the way KJ, what was your realistic view for GSU's W/L record last year?
    It's not negative or putting down the team if I think a realistic win total for this season is 7-8 wins. It means I'm looking at it with a dose of reality and analysis and not looking at it through blue colored glasses. We play 2 P5's. If history is any indication, probability says we lose both of those. We have only won in Boone twice since we bought the Kmart ball and announced that we were starting a football program again, so guess what the probable outcome there will be. We typically will crap the bed and will lose one that we shouldn't have. And we have away games at Troy and at Ark State which are going to be very tough. It more likely than not that we lose 4 or 5 of our games next year. As I said in my earlier post, I fully expect us to have a better team next year than we did last year. But even with a better team, I see a probability of more losses this year due to who we play and where we play them. Of our ten wins last year only THREE came against teams with winning records and we had a record setting turnover margin. I would rather temper my expectations with a little reality than to think (as MANY of our fans do) that anything less than a perfect season is an utter failure. Which is worse on a fan or on the team - saying we win 10 and only winning 7 or saying we win 7 and actually winning 10? I would absolutely LOVE for the team to prove me wrong and beat the odds, because that would mean that we had another great season.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    It's perfectly okay for everyone to have their own predictions on wins and losses for the upcoming season. However, I think that it's more fun as a fan and a supporter of the program to have some optimism and faith in the staff/players week-in and week-out.
    Which is more fun at the end of the season? Having a reasonable expectation and winning more than you thought, or having unreasonably high expectations (based on no data other than "I love GS") and falling short of them? I am optimistic and hope for another great season, and I will love every second of it if it happens. But I am also realistic enough to temper my expectations with a little historical and analytical data and not just think with my heart.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  5. #75

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Which is more fun at the end of the season? Having a reasonable expectation and winning more than you thought, or having unreasonably high expectations (based on no data other than "I love GS") and falling short of them? I am optimistic and hope for another great season, and I will love every second of it if it happens. But I am also realistic enough to temper my expectations with a little historical and analytical data and not just think with my heart.
    I don't discount any analytical data. However, I make my own predictions based on that and other factors besides previous win/loss records. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Realistically, I think that we have a floor of 8 wins. We honestly should not lose at home.

  6. #76

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    According to S&P+ we have a 22% chance to beat Minnesota.

  7. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    According to S&P+ we have a 22% chance to beat Minnesota.

    Probably about the same as the chance we had of beating App or Bowling Green....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2nd August 2012, 01:38 PM
  2. Locker Room Material
    By GSU_383 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 1st December 2010, 07:52 PM
  3. Locker Room Material for November 19, 2011
    By gsubrock in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 16th May 2010, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •