TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CFN Locker Room Material

Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

Think about it like flipping a coin 100 times. Even if it comes up tails 99 times in a row, the 100th still has a 50/50 chance of coming up heads.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Think about it like flipping a coin 100 times. Even if it comes up tails 99 times in a row, the 100th still has a 50/50 chance of coming up heads.
    Exactly. Games have an entire spectrum of outcomes but only a binary outcome for the W/L column. When you're talking about judging a season it's fine to use wins because that's really the most important metric, but when you're talking about how you compete with a certain class of teams record record can be misleading, especially when you play UNC, Georgia Tech (second time), Indiana, and Ole Miss on very uncharacteristically down years. Saying "we won't compete with Minnesota cuz Indiana blew us out" is ignoring the trend with these types of P5 games to focus on one game.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    This maybe true but under Fritz we did compete against GT, S. Carolina & Georgia. Then you have this!

https://main.gopherhole.com/footballhistory
    I must have been in a coma when we played South Carolina. 😉

4. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

I think the key for this season is to figure out how to drop some science On The Road.

For some reason, we just had issues with almost every road game.

Even at the bowl game, once momentum wasnít on our side, we tried pretty hard to lay an egg. That Texas State game was a good example..... What in the world happened there? That team was terrible!!

Fortunately, Shai was having none of that on Montgomery.

I hope the staff is figuring out what happened on the road. We canít show up at any more road games like TX T.

Probably my only real concern about this staff is with road games. CL is generally doing a great job at motivating folks.... Maybe he can figure out something cool for the road games. I want to see no more TX T games, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think the key for this season is to figure out how to drop some science On The Road.

For some reason, we just had issues with almost every road game.

Even at the bowl game, once momentum wasn’t on our side, we tried pretty hard to lay an egg. That Texas State game was a good example..... What in the world happened there? That team was terrible!!

Fortunately, Shai was having none of that on Montgomery.

I hope the staff is figuring out what happened on the road. We can’t show up at any more road games like TX T.

Probably my only real concern about this staff is with road games. CL is generally doing a great job at motivating folks.... Maybe he can figure out something cool for the road games. I want to see no more TX T games, ever.
    You know what was different in Montgomery?

There was a crowd.....there was electricity.

All these teams in the Sun Belt have stadium environments that are dead af. ULM was one of the worst ones I've ever been in. TX State maybe had a dozen people there.

Players feed off energy around them. It's already harder to play on the road, because your routines are different and you're not in a familiar place. Add to that a place that might as well be a practice field and it's hard to find the motivation. Lunsford has talked about this quite a lot.

I do blame him and the coaching staff for allowing the team to be as dead as they were at ULM. However, last year was more about learning the right way to do things....I want to see improvement on the areas like this. Nothing about this staff makes me think they won't self reflect and figure out where they need improvement so I'm optimistic this won't be as big of an issue this year.

Getting worked at home by Troy ruined a great season. We need to go perfect in Paulson every season if we aren’t getting P5s
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No one has said we won't compete. What most are saying is we are not going to jump off a bridge if we don't. What most have said is that we could very easily be a better team than last year and not have the wins to show for it due to our tougher schedule.
    I agree, we may not beat the Gophers & go 6-6 or 7-5. If we are a better team than last year we will go at least 9-3 or 10-2 & that is what I am saying.

I don't expect you to jump off a bridge KJ, but their are some bridges you shouldn't cross like the one over Eagle Creek! Your negative vibes could shake it apart!

LIKE THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Vt_87MjE66o
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

8. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    But that’s assuming we have a 50/50 chance of beating every P5 team we play which we don’t

9. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You know what was different in Montgomery?

There was a crowd.....there was electricity.

All these teams in the Sun Belt have stadium environments that are dead af. ULM was one of the worst ones I've ever been in. TX State maybe had a dozen people there.

Players feed off energy around them. It's already harder to play on the road, because your routines are different and you're not in a familiar place. Add to that a place that might as well be a practice field and it's hard to find the motivation. Lunsford has talked about this quite a lot.

I do blame him and the coaching staff for allowing the team to be as dead as they were at ULM. However, last year was more about learning the right way to do things....I want to see improvement on the areas like this. Nothing about this staff makes me think they won't self reflect and figure out where they need improvement so I'm optimistic this won't be as big of an issue this year.
    100% agreed.

I think CTS has probably got something for this...

He seems very talented at coming up with neat motivational stunts-like the elbow/chair situation.

I hope he has something good. You gotta bottle some energy and take it with you. Some stadiums are gonna be lame. The camellia bowl turned out well. Our energy definitely helped, but it was a very close thing. Gotta do better. Gotta be better. We donít need to give up when the momentum turns. All our bowl games will always be on the road. Gotta learn to grow good at that.

Maybe that road stuff caught CTS off guard. I bet he is fixing it. I hope.

But as I mentioned at the time. No excuses. Need something better. Excuses for poor performance are a fertile breeding ground for future failure. I did not like the excuses. I thought that CL and Shai trying to take responsibility for that was classy-but the wrong approach. Pretty much everyone on the field played awful that night. Iím not saying to bash any of them publicly, but itís ok to say that we did very poorly as a team and that we canít, wonít, shall not, must not let it become a habit.

Winning is as much a subconscious thing as losing is. Road game or not, you cannot allow losing to be excused. It will make a home and youíll never kick it out.

Build a Great Wall around excuses. They cannot be allowed to infest anything we do.

10. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You gotta bottle some energy and take it with you.
    If only there was a perpetually flowing source of Eagle Mojo that we could collect and bring with us to away games. We could scoop it up in some kind of container (perhaps a jug of some kind) and sprinkle it on their field come game time. I wish there was such a thing.