TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: CFN Locker Room Material

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    7 wins is about right. We overachieved big time last year.
    .
    Comming off of 2 bad years and going 10-3 was a great rebound start.

    Their is something to say about a team that wins even if they are overachievers. The old GSU never give in and never give up attitude & we now have something to build on.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    [QUOTE=yourmother;958099]Also companion article from CFN: 2019 Spring College Football Rankings
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2019...=recirculation

    (2018 CFN final ranking and ranking movement for 2019 in parentheses)
    They basically say any Sun Belt team that did good was a flash in the pan.
    Actually, they just took the majority of G5 teams that finished well and ***** slapped them to the back of the line to put the P5 that underperformed back in place.

    All of you know that the players read these sports sites from outside sources. The players may talk to each other about them.

    Some players probably read this board & I'd rather see us on the optimistic side going 9-3 or 10-2 and be wrong at the end of the year then say GSU only has a chance at 6 or 7 wins. The players are playing for their team, the school and the fans not some rag source 5 months out that really doesn't know anything about GSU.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  3. #33

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    [QUOTE=TALON;958210]
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Also companion article from CFN: 2019 Spring College Football Rankings
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2019...=recirculation

    (2018 CFN final ranking and ranking movement for 2019 in parentheses)
    They basically say any Sun Belt team that did good was a flash in the pan.
    Actually, they just took the majority of G5 teams that finished well and ***** slapped them to the back of the line to put the P5 that underperformed back in place.

    All of you know that the players read these sports sites from outside sources. The players may talk to each other about them.

    Some players probably read this board & I'd rather see us on the optimistic side going 9-3 or 10-2 and be wrong at the end of the year then say GSU only has a chance at 6 or 7 wins. The players are playing for their team, the school and the fans not some rag source 5 months out that really doesn't know anything about GSU.
    Great take Talon. Optimism is key.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    [QUOTE=GATA2020;958217]
    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Great take Talon. Optimism is key.
    Your right GATA2020. After last year we have a right to be optimistic. This is a new season in which GSU football has a chance to improve & prove themselves.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    From a good Gopher fan. It's nice to hear strait talk from an opponent.

    "Regarding our teams, sounds like both programs have had a fair amount of turnover on the coaching staffs recently. Our Gophers are really just going into year two of coach Fleck's system. Everything was limited the first season because most of the players were brand new to the system. Last year two freshmen played at QB. Those sophomores are completing for the starting job. The backups will be two true freshmen. With that said, most of us fans are still learning this "new" offense. I am sure that Coach Fleck has only shown a portion of the playbook."
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  6. #36

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    As I've pointed out before, there's been a tendency to have those teams on years with losing seasons (about half of them when nowhere near half of our seasons in football are losing seasons).
    Yes, but what's our record?

    I definitely believe we can compete, but we are basically winless in the games you're using to prove your point.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes, but what's our record?

    I definitely believe we can compete, but we are basically winless in the games you're using to prove your point.

    This maybe true but under Fritz we did compete against GT, S. Carolina & Georgia. Then you have this!

    https://main.gopherhole.com/footballhistory
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    This maybe true but under Fritz we did compete against GT, S. Carolina & Georgia. Then you have this!

    https://main.gopherhole.com/footballhistory
    No one has said we won't compete. What most are saying is we are not going to jump off a bridge if we don't. What most have said is that we could very easily be a better team than last year and not have the wins to show for it due to our tougher schedule.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  9. #39

    Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    This maybe true but under Fritz we did compete against GT, NCSU & Georgia. Then you have this!

    https://main.gopherhole.com/footballhistory

    Hmm . . . and we went 0-3. Add WVU, and we went 0-4.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  10. Default Re: CFN Locker Room Material

    We've gone at best 2-2 out of conference every year since joining the FBS up until last season where we went 3-1 and that's only because we played 1 P5 team instead of 2 like usual.

    Recent history indicates it'll be a loss even if it's a competitive one. I would love to beat Minnesota, but it's up to Shai and the boys to make a believer out of me.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2nd August 2012, 01:38 PM
  2. Locker Room Material
    By GSU_383 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 1st December 2010, 07:52 PM
  3. Locker Room Material for November 19, 2011
    By gsubrock in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 16th May 2010, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •