TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GS Cheer off to College Nationals

Default GS Cheer off to College Nationals

It's that time of year again. The cheer team is headed to Daytona for College Nationals. Both teams looking to find themselves back on top this year and add to an already impressive trophy case.

For those of you who have only seen what they do on the sidelines, here is a cool video from what they call "stunt fest" that is held the final day of competition. It's basically a massive skills show off with cheerleaders from all over the country.

Default Re: GS Cheer off to College Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    It's that time of year again. The cheer team is headed to Daytona for College Nationals. Both teams looking to find themselves back on top this year and add to an already impressive trophy case.

For those of you who have only seen what they do on the sidelines, here is a cool video from what they call "stunt fest" that is held the final day of competition. It's basically a massive skills show off with cheerleaders from all over the country.

That video is crazy!

wow.

4. Default Re: GS Cheer off to College Nationals

How did we do at nationals?

why these kids don't get scholarships to cheer is beyond me, the hours of work/practice etc.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    why these kids don't get scholarships to cheer is beyond me, the hours of work/practice etc.
    Unless things have changed they don't fall under athletics and get no funding. Correct me if I am wrong. They raise their own money to attend these contests. Again that's how it used to be, not sure if that's the current situation.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    How did we do at nationals?
    All Girl finished 5th I believe. However, they also competed in the highest division against teams like Louisville and Maryland, who actually give scholarships. Coed had a rough 2nd day and dropped to 6th or 7th. Not out best showing unfortunately. But hey, you can't win them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Unless things have changed they don't fall under athletics and get no funding. Correct me if I am wrong. They raise their own money to attend these contests. Again that's how it used to be, not sure if that's the current situation.
    half correct. They are technically a club team. They get a small amount of funding, but do have to raise money to go to nationals. I am not sure however, if the amount of funding has changed much over the years since my time there, but it if has, it isn't by much.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    half correct. They are technically a club team. They get a small amount of funding, but do have to raise money to go to nationals. I am not sure however, if the amount of funding has changed much over the years since my time there, but it if has, it isn't by much.

Thanks, I figured you knew. So how does funding work for road games?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

Thanks, I figured you knew. So how does funding work for road games?
    Away games are paid for by the school I am pretty certain