TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baseball vs COC in Savannah @ Grayson Stadium

1. Default Re: Baseball vs COC in Savannah @ Grayson Stadium

I like that they are playing a game in Grayson. I'd love to go support them, but I hate that they chose a weeknight date in the early evening. I usually don't get off work until 6 when they game starts. Seems like the worst possible time to have a commuter game in the Savannah area.

Should have hosted UGA or WVU in Savannah

Default Re: Baseball vs COC in Savannah @ Grayson Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I like that they are playing a game in Grayson. I'd love to go support them, but I hate that they chose a weeknight date in the early evening. I usually don't get off work until 6 when they game starts. Seems like the worst possible time to have a commuter game in the Savannah area.

^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

I don't agree with forgoing a home game to play in Savannah ever, especially a series against a P5 team.

I think we did this one right...one game at CofC, one home game with CofC, a third at a neutral site.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: Baseball vs COC in Savannah @ Grayson Stadium

The Mayor of Savannah will be there to throw the first pitch

I just learned a fun fact from some old school Savannians that one of the few times Georgia Southern has played baseball in Savannah was in an exhibition game against...wait for it... The Yankees in the 1920's when Babe was playing.

Playing in Savannah is a wonderful goodwill gesture for Georgia Southern, and might even drum up some new interest in the program/school. On what promises to be a cool evening, I would be surprised if the attendance was great.

I'm sad that it is a mid-week game, but it-is-what-it-is. This early in the Savannah experiment I wouldn't sacrifice a P5 game because that is like taking a reward away from season ticket holders. Down the road? Maybe.

The only concern that I have is the condition of Grayson, The league that the "Bananas" plays in is a short after college season, so the field may not be in tip-top shape, and the concessions might be shaky. Why provide for and store product in house for a one off game? I hope it works out and my concerns are trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Playing in Savannah is a wonderful goodwill gesture for Georgia Southern, and might even drum up some new interest in the program/school. On what promises to be a cool evening, I would be surprised if the attendance was great.

I'm sad that it is a mid-week game, but it-is-what-it-is. This early in the Savannah experiment I wouldn't sacrifice a P5 game because that is like taking a reward away from season ticket holders. Down the road? Maybe.

The only concern that I have is the condition of Grayson, The league that the "Bananas" plays in is a short after college season, so the field may not be in tip-top shape, and the concessions might be shaky. Why provide for and store product in house for a one off game? I hope it works out and my concerns are trivial.
    Calvary day school plays there, and from what I've heard, they have an impressive grounds crew.

I believe concessions tonight are provided via food trucks, therefore no storage issues. I could be wrong though as I'm not actually on site.

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Calvary day school plays there, and from what I've heard, they have an impressive grounds crew.

I believe concessions tonight are provided via food trucks, therefore no storage issues. I could be wrong though as I'm not actually on site.
    Thanks. I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Thanks. I feel better now.
    They also hold concerts and some other events there as well, so it's not like it's abandoned until the CPL season starts up

Where is the video?
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    Where is the video?
    Radio only tonight