TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

1. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    IMO, he definitely would have had more success than CTS. He had a solid offensive system that would have suited our 2016 talent extremely well (assuming at least an average installation).

That said, something tells me we're in better shape right now than we would have been going into year four of Chadwell.
    Hope you're right. Something about the new guy kind of worries me. Hope I'm wrong. I probably am.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

IMO, he definitely would have had more success than CTS. He had a solid offensive system that would have suited our 2016 talent extremely well (assuming at least an average installation).

That said, something tells me we're in better shape right now than we would have been going into year four of Chadwell.

This is how I feel as well. We would have no question been better in 2016 and 2017 but I doubt we would have been as good in 2018 and as excited about 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Hope you're right. Something about the new guy kind of worries me. Hope I'm wrong. I probably am.
    ....what?

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Do you think he’s a secret yankee?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chadwell teams in SC were very stout defensively and IMO his offense was pretty vanilla nothing that got me that pumped up. I know since he's been at CCU they haven't been very good. Sorry, I'm not sold on the guy.

I think 90% of Chadwell's "allure" was that he ran an option type offense. If he had the same level of success but ran a traditional shotgun spread or pro style offense he'd never be mentioned here.

Chadwell ran way more option at CSU than he has at CCU.

What I saw Coastal run last year was nowhere near an option offense.

Jamey Chadwell was an attractive candidate (I’m talking in football terms, Pete) because he was close and took a pretty poorly resourced Charleston Southern team pretty far. That being said, Chadwell is a jerk and has been for years. Hearing he created a toxic locker room is the least surprising thing I’ll hear all week. He still holds a personal grudge against Georgia Southern and talks openly about it. That combination of arrogance and immaturity always catches up with you. Summers wasn’t the right choice, but that in no way means Chadwell was by default.

Let's not act like Coastal was really terrible last season. They beat the Sun Belt West Champs and they beat the CUSA champs, and neither of those wins were due to their defense. The wheels came off their season after their #1 QB got hurt. I got called a snob by some here for saying they didn't have the same level of talent that Georgia Southern and App State had in the our first seasons in FBS, but it's true. You are in FBS what you were in FCS at least for a while, there's no blank slate once you move up.

That said, based on what I've seen so far now I'd have a hard time exchanging our current staff for one of Chadwell's even to not completely squander the 2016 roster.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Do you think he’s a secret yankee?
    All of our hires post-Fritz and into the indefinite future are Kirby Smart “plants”. CL was allowed to produce one successful season in order to make the scheme less obvious, but will revert to the sabotage game plan going forward.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose