Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    At first, I thought “There’s no way anybody actually believes this . . .”
    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I believe whatever I want.
    Sorry. What I meant was “There’s no way any reasonable person actually believes this.”

So, answer me this: After successfully pulling off the great Tyson Summers conspiracy, did the Illuminati just lose interest, or is Lunsford a plant as well? If they can pull such strings at will, what happened there? Does Lunsford just not know how to “play ball” (wink, wink)?

Also, if during a coaching search the best “sabotage” candidate isn’t also the biggest Bible beater, which motivation prevails? Or do they have to find the perfect guy to meet both criteria?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Why did GS hire CTS? It's easy really. After Fritz bolted for a "better" job and looking back on Monken and even PJ, our fan base was screaming for a coach who would be committed to GS, stay here more than 3 years no matter what and basically be our Joe Paterno (minus that whole Sandusky thing). So guess what... we got what we asked for. I've said the exact same thing from day 1 of that hire and I'll take that to my grave. We hired the guy who sold us on his loyalty to our school. That and the briefcase of plans he apparently had for his dream staff that didn't happen. Not to mention he was cheap. It's that simple really. At the end of the day, TK (and whomever else) gave us exactly what we, the fans, asked for... maybe even against his better judgement to be completely honest.

The scary thing is... even being 5 and 7 that first year, we really had a shot to have won 7 or 8 games purely on talent alone. This about it... we if don't lose that Ark State game and we beat Georgia State, we would have been ties for 2nd in conference and most likely gone to a bowl game. Add a win at ULL and we have 3 wins to finish the season and sole 2nd in the conference. Had we done that, the staff would have stayed the same and there is no telling what year 2 might have been. But I'm willing to guess we wouldn't have fired him after year 2 at that point and we'd be another year behind where we are now.
    Start the season 0-6 with a loss to a horrible 0-6 UMass team, not to mention a loss to FCS New Hampshire? NO WAY he stays, even if he had finished in the top 20 in '16. Yall are forgetting what a horrible embarrassment 2017 was until CCL took over.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    no lie, when I first read the title of this thread my first thought was Santa Anita Race Course and the 23 dead horses occurring over 3-4 months.
    That would have made more sense if all those dead horses were at Disney World.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Start the season 0-6 with a loss to a horrible 0-6 UMass team, not to mention a loss to FCS New Hampshire? NO WAY he stays, even if he had finished in the top 20 in '16. Yall are forgetting what a horrible embarrassment 2017 was until CCL took over.
    He probably would have hung around until we finished 0-12, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Hanlon’s Razor

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

my brain just esploded reading the last couple of pages .....

OMG....

You are still jumping to conclusions.

I said I was concerned about making it a pre condition. I didn’t say it is one.

It’s a suspicion. Not a fact. I was trying to imagine factors which would have somehow made the TS hire attractive on any level.

Maybe that mattered, maybe not.

But the point remains. We are not a religious school. We need to be careful and not go too far down that path. We need to focus on one thing.
    No, I am not jumping to conclusions. Here, you clearly say:

I think a major part of the interview has become religious practice.
    And I simply pointed out that this would be illegal. This, in turn, led to you rambling on about reading comprehension.

GSU isn't doing this. Time to move on to the next conspiracy.

And I will continue to believe TS was a plant. I don’t care a thing in the world whether anyone agrees. (I don’t know that for a fact, and none of us ever will. It’s a strong suspicion based on strong dumpster fire evidence. )

Accidents on that scale simply don’t happen often. I’m simply not interested in the “great guy, but simply forgot everything he knew about the game of American football as soon as he set foot in statesboro” explanation. I simply don’t buy that.

None of this matters a damned bit. Believe whatever you like. Y’all believe the man was an under appreciated genius and true gentleman of science. I don’t.

Fact remains. He was a hell of a bad hire at a hell of a bad time. I think we all agree on that.

Y’all win the Internet today. Congrats!

The end.
    Except no one is saying that.

We're saying he was a poor coach in general and that his hiring was a mistake.

And I will continue to believe TS was a plant. I don’t care a thing in the world whether anyone agrees. (I don’t know that for a fact, and none of us ever will. It’s a strong suspicion based on strong dumpster fire evidence. )

Accidents on that scale simply don’t happen often. I’m simply not interested in the “great guy, but simply forgot everything he knew about the game of American football as soon as he set foot in statesboro” explanation. I simply don’t buy that.

None of this matters a damned bit. Believe whatever you like. Y’all believe the man was an under appreciated genius and true gentleman of science. I don’t.

Fact remains. He was a hell of a bad hire at a hell of a bad time. I think we all agree on that.

Y’all win the Internet today. Congrats!

The end.
    Wow, I missed a lot. You are the only one calling it an accident. Everyone else is calling it what it was, a terrible hire of a coach that had absolutely zero clue what it took to be a head coach. He had no idea how to do any of the million things that it takes to be a successful head coach, and faked his way through. He wasn't "accidently incompetent" He WAS incompetent.

And for the last time.......he was not a plant! Someone needs to cue up the video of the guy from Billy Madison saying we are all dumber for having had to listen to this.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I HATE LAMP!!!!