TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

1. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

I am still angry at TS.

‘Good guy’ and whatever.

The notion that he was so incompetent by accident is a stretch. He and Smart are buddies from way back, and I have so little respect for Smart that I wouldn’t put something like a plant past him. He comes from the Saban swamp..... And we all saw what happened to UAB when they became a threat to AL.

In the long run, CTS will have a good career. No one will likely ever know whether his performance was a genuine accident. But the damage was very real. Set us back at least 5 years.

I don’t believe in accidents. I truly don’t believe what happened was an accident.

People tend to forget how truly awful it was..... “I didn’t watch any film.” That’s what TS said when asked how he would adjust to our unique style of offense. Yeah. Started off real good. Right out of the chute, and got worse. Once again.... Does something like that seem like an accident?

What coach (at any level) wouldn’t watch film to figure out what a team he was taking over was good at. That is unbelievable to me.

There’s more than one way to pull a UAB. We got leveled. Fortunately we are on the right track again, but we absolutely got destroyed by “accident....” Right. Stick with the accidental incompetence theory if it makes you feel better.

Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I am still angry at TS.

‘Good guy’ and whatever.

The notion that he was so incompetent by accident is a stretch. He and Smart are buddies from way back, and I have so little respect for Smart that I wouldn’t put something like a plant past him. He comes from the Saban swamp..... And we all saw what happened to UAB when they became a threat to AL.

In the long run, CTS will have a good career. No one will likely ever know whether his performance was a genuine accident. But the damage was very real. Set us back at least 5 years.

I don’t believe in accidents. I truly don’t believe what happened was an accident.

People tend to forget how truly awful it was..... “I didn’t watch any film.” That’s what TS said when asked how he would adjust to our unique style of offense. Yeah. Started off real good. Right out of the chute, and got worse. Once again.... Does something like that seem like an accident?

What coach (at any level) wouldn’t watch film to figure out what a team he was taking over was good at. That is unbelievable to me.

There’s more than one way to pull a UAB. We got leveled. Fortunately we are on the right track again, but we absolutely got destroyed by “accident....” Right. Stick with the accidental incompetence theory if it makes you feel better.
    Here you go with this conspiracy theory bull**** again.

No, the truth of the matter is that TK ****ed up. Part of why Summers was hired was a kneejerk reaction to Fritz bailing on us. Another part is that Summers was intimately familiar with our school and used that knowledge in his interview. Why else would the guy show up clean shaven with a bald head when he's never had that look at any other time? He also had guys vouching for him like George O'Leary that are respected in the coaching world.

If anyone was a plant it was Sam Baker, not Tyson Summers.

He was a bad hire. People do that. TK thought he was getting a Chad Lunsford, not what he actually got.

3. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Here you go with this conspiracy theory bull**** again.

No, the truth of the matter is that TK ****ed up. Part of why Summers was hired was a kneejerk reaction to Fritz bailing on us. Another part is that Summers was intimately familiar with our school and used that knowledge in his interview. Why else would the guy show up clean shaven with a bald head when he's never had that look at any other time? He also had guys vouching for him like George O'Leary that are respected in the coaching world.

If anyone was a plant it was Sam Baker, not Tyson Summers.

He was a bad hire. People do that. TK thought he was getting a Chad Lunsford, not what he actually got.
    Yep.

Accidental incompetence....

“I didn’t watch film.”

Nope.

Not buying it.

That’s the coaching equipment of saying “I went doody in my pants because I forgot they need to come off first.” And things just got worse from there.

Call it BS if you like. Whatever you need to make it work for you. But I still don’t believe in accidents like that.

4. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Yep.

That’s the coaching equipment of saying “I went doody in my pants because I forgot they need to come off first.” And things just got worse from there.
    JC, you made me laugh there...good job

I am still angry at TS.

‘Good guy’ and whatever.

The warning signs were all there:
    Hiring an air raid OC and a running spread coach to run a "gun option with a throw game".
    The "mic'd up" segment were he was suggesting our all-conference DT didn't "know how to practice".
    The "change the culture" comments. Who the bleep says that after you have the kind of first couple of seasons in FBS we did?
    The comments suggesting the players weren't "buying in".
    Acting like everything was all great when we were 3-0 (most of us knew we were in deep **** after that ULM game).

It's not like we thought we were getting a fancy Italian dish and got dog poop on a platter. All of the foreshadowing was there for those paying attention. Who knows why he was hired beyond it came down to him and Jamey Chadwell and I guess we didn't like the NCAA infractions and the Broom incident.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 4th April 2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

It amazes me the number of you guys who are still dwelling on this. It's in the past and done with. Time to move on! I feel like some of you sit at home in your basements, staring in the mirror, rubbing peanut butter on your junk and killing live chickens in an attempt to rid the world of any and all history of CTS at Georgia Southern.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It amazes me the number of you guys who are still dwelling on this. It's in the past and done with. Time to move on! I feel like some of you sit at home in your basements, staring in the mirror, rubbing peanut butter on your junk and killing live chickens in an attempt to rid the world of any and all history of CTS at Georgia Southern.
    So, what's your point?

8. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Try to get it right....

It’s 6 chickens, and Nutella, son!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    So, what's your point?
    he likes peanut butter.

10. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Who knows why he was hired beyond it came down to him and Jamey Chadwell and I guess we didn't like the NCAA infractions and the Broom incident.
    Makes me think of something else...... Something which could explain why they chose CTS with seemingly such thin qualifications.

I think a major part of the interview has become religious practice.

TS was an evangelical. CL is too.....

Nothing wrong with that... But I think some of the big donors might have made that a sort of litmus test. I am a Christian, but I recognize we are not a religious school. I don’t think any potential future hire’s religion should enter into the equation when interviewing.

Don’t get me wrong. I like seeing the players kneeling in prayer before a game. I like the mission trip idea and all. I’m a fan of CL and the way he lives his life. But I am concerned that if we make evangelism a pre-condition of employment for a HC, we will be limiting ourselves.

I can see that being a possible factor which may have put CTS over finish line with a few big money donors who might have had input into the interview process. That causes me concern. CTS was in no way qualified to be here. His evangelism didn’t make him any better of a coach, but I really get the feeling it helped him get the job.

Not all good coaches are religious, and many potential recruits are turned off by evangelism. We better be careful with that. I’d like to make sure we aren’t limiting the program in that way. Some good players are Muslim. Some are atheist. I hope we aren’t limiting ourselves.