TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

1. Default It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

So it appears Colorado has a new quality control assistant, for safeties.
    it's Bryan Cook, who is leaving Collins' staff at Ga Tech as a quality control assistant for Boulder, where his boss will be ...

you guessed it.

Start your own jokes here in 5, 4, 3, 2 ....

Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Someone must be taking advantage of the recreational freedoms they have out there.....

He left CSU after just that one season to become the head coach at Georgia Southern, a program entering its third year in the Football Bowl Subdivision and the Sun Belt Conference. Summers would spend almost two years in the role, guiding GSU to five victories, but oversee the program show significant improvement in the classroom with a program-high NCAA APR score. Seven of his players in his first season earned All-Sun Belt honors, and placekicker Younghoe Koo was a finalist for the Lou Groza Award. He also showed his prowess on the recruiting trail as the Eagles boasted one of highest-ranked classes in the Sun Belt as ranked by 247Sports.

This was in the bio on CU website. Lipstick on a pig? More like parsley on a cow patty!

4. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    He left CSU after just that one season to become the head coach at Georgia Southern, a program entering its third year in the Football Bowl Subdivision and the Sun Belt Conference. Summers would spend almost two years in the role, guiding GSU to five victories, but oversee the program show significant improvement in the classroom with a program-high NCAA APR score. Seven of his players in his first season earned All-Sun Belt honors, and placekicker Younghoe Koo was a finalist for the Lou Groza Award. He also showed his prowess on the recruiting trail as the Eagles boasted one of highest-ranked classes in the Sun Belt as ranked by 247Sports.

This was in the bio on CU website. Lipstick on a pig? More like parsley on a cow patty!
    Wow!

Whomever wrote that has serious talent.

Kind of like putting a "The Hindenburg was equipped with a very powerful heat source" spin on things.

5. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

You know, a lot of coaches in the Division 1 ranks have come through Georgia Southern at one point in their career. Not all were highly successful but has served as a career pathway for going to larger schools. That's not such a bad thing.

6. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    You know, a lot of coaches in the Division 1 ranks have come through Georgia Southern at one point in their career. Not all were highly successful but has served as a career pathway for going to larger schools. That's not such a bad thing.

I'm gonna have to disagree.....

Every single second of the TS era was a 'bad thing' for us.

7. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree.....

Every single second of the TS era was a 'bad thing' for us.
    Well every second.....that's not exactly true. It might have been bad for us but not so bad for them. That was my point. Both, TS and Van Gorder, as well, ended up with jobs at a higher level and just maybe they learned from it. Despite the anguish that occurred during their tenures, I don't wish ill will toward them. We may not like what they did here, we can't change that, but can hope they find success and that they speak well of their days in Statesboro. ( they might not, but we can't control that) Its just too darn easy to be bitter and I was raised better. But, in the bigger picture, look at all the other Coaches and Assistants who found professional success down the road. Most did pretty good for themselves. Only a very few found Ga Southern their last stop in their professional careers. In the spectrum of Eagle fans, I am one the true old timers. we all have seen a thing or two and maybe have learned a thing or two.

I wish the best for TS, he is a god guy, the other, BVG was and is an arrogant know it all who's career has continued to slide down hill closer and closer to the proverbial outhouse. The football coaching fraternity is a tight knit group, they take care of their own. If BVG was in anyother profession he would have been unemployed for the last 8-10 years.

The bio made it sound like "entering it's third season of FBS" was the reason for only 5 wins. TS is getting paid and has a nice career ahead of him. It's not entirely his fault that he was hired for a job he wasn't prepared for. I just read that part of the bio as dismissive and insulting.

10. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I wish the best for TS, he is a god guy, the other, BVG was and is an arrogant know it all who's career has continued to slide down hill closer and closer to the proverbial outhouse. The football coaching fraternity is a tight knit group, they take care of their own. If BVG was in anyother profession he would have been unemployed for the last 8-10 years.
    He inhale vigorouslys. But he has been paid vey well to inhale vigorously.

Made more $$$$$ in his career than most of us can dream of. Despite the fact that he is a real POS